I hear the door again and pray that it's for me. Nathan walks in and gives me a look and I quickly stand up and walk out the door.

"Am I in a lot of trouble?" I ask Nathan.

"No Courtney somehow got the guy not to press any charges."

"How dare he even think about it I should be the one pressing charges on him, that little piece of shit, I swea—"

Nathan quickly cuts me off. "If you do that your dad will know and do you really want that? plus you beat the guy up pretty bad there's no way you would win the case." He says and snickers.

"Thank you for the vote of confidence." I mumble.

He takes me to his desk and I sign about 20 freaking papers and then I round the corner and the first person my eyes land on is Avery. I frown, what is she doing here? Harper and lily are sitting down next to her, by taking care of her I meant at her house or something.

She looks really tired and her eyes are puffy from crying. The state she's in breaks my heart. When I saw her crying at the club I wanted to kill that man for being the cause of it.

I blink to stop myself from staring. Then I look to her right and make eye contact with Courtney.

Oh my I'm gonna die today. She looks calm and that's somehow worst.

"Hey Court my favorite dearest friend." I say as I approach them.

Avery quickly looks up and walks up to me and before I can comprehend what's happening she slaps me across the face.

"Ouch that hurt." I say and rub my cheek.

"You scared me you son of a monkey."

"Son of a monkey?" I question because what the heck does that even mean.

I'm about to make another comment but she throws her arms around my neck and brings me into a hug.

You know how people say Disney land is the happiest place on earth? Well it's not. In the middle of a police precinct with dozens of cops walking around and my friends staring at us while smirking I realized that from this day on the happiest place on earth for me would be being in her arms.

Gosh I'm whipped and we haven't even kissed yet.

I break out from my frozen state and wrap my arms around her and hug her tight.

"You're not mad at me?" I mumble in her hair.

"No sweetheart I'm not." she whispers.

Someone clearing their throat makes us break apart. I turn to see Courtney.

"Okay I can explain, I'm sorry for waki—" I get cut off by Courtney also hugging me.

"Is this where you kill me, like stab me in my stomach while you're distracting me with a hug?" I question.

She just chuckles and shakes her head.

"Joe called Harper and lily first and told them what happened and when they called me they told me everything." I turn my head while still hugging Courtney to see Lily and Harper smiling at me. I open one of my arms for them to join the hug.

They quickly run towards us and we group hug. We slowly pull away and Courtney is the last one to do so.

Before she does though she leans in and whispers in my ear so only I can hear. "I'm proud of you Meg." She says and quickly backs up and turns around to talk to Nathan to make sure we have everything and we're good to leave.

"Where are Ethan and Emma?" I question.

"Outside in the car Emma was too cold to get out and Ethan stayed with her." Avery says and I nod.

"Did you talk to your parents and Olivia it's pretty late they might be worry." I ask.

"My dad came back from his business trip and took my mom and Olivia camping they won't be back until next week."

I'm about to say something but Harper cuts me off.

"You guys should all come to Megan's house tonight." Harper says and I look at her in shock.

Why is she inviting people to my house without my permission not that I mind but still.

"Yeah Megan has extra rooms and we can all hangout and do whatever and maybe talk tomorrow about everything that happened." Lily jumps in to the conversation .

"Umm I don't want to bother plus Emma and Ethan are a lot to handle." Avery says with a chuckle.

"You guys won't be a bother, it would be fun." I say.

She looks deep in though for a minute before she answers.

"Sure yeah that would be great thank you." She answers and I can't help but smile.

On cue Courtney comes back and we all get up to leave. I really hope my place is decent, I'm nervous to have Avery see it for the first time. And we definitely need to talk about everything.