thirteen

author's

jiwoo, hyunjin and jungeun are right now, on a coffee shop for their little squad date. y/n should be included in this also but since she said she's "busy", the three just assured her it's okay.

"you know what, my guts are saying that y/n is still in love with jinsoul-unnie." jiwoo said, sipping from her mug.

"yeah, i thought of that too. i actually can sense that her feelings never gave up on jinsoul-unnie." hyunjin replied, looking at her unnies.

jungeun sighs, "thinking about their past are so hurtful." making the two look at her in confusion.

"uhm? what do you mean?" jiwoo asked.

"i know how they broke up. y/n told me one night when she's drunk."

hyunjin and jiwoo chuckled a bit, knowing that jungeun is too strong to gather these informations.

"so how?" hyunjin looked at jungeun while fixing her hair from slightly laughing before.

"okay, listen carefully. it's time for storytime."

-

y/n and jinsoul are so sweet. like, they must be the cutest couple i've ever seen in my life. they share hugs, kisses, cuddles there and here. i even caught them getting ready for their future baby.

not until y/n got a scholarship on her dream university in seoul; her schedule went too tight for her to handle, resulting her for exhausting herself, got no time for anything, even jinsoul.

everytime they're meant to celebrate something or spend the whole day with each other, y/n refuses because she needs to comply with her requirements.

this made jinsoul feel so sad and upset. everytime she tries to kiss y/n or make any intimate gesture they're used to do, y/n avoids it. all of these rejections affects their relationship without her realizing it.

sooyoung-unnie told me that jinsoul told her that one night, it's on the valentine's day, she promised to spend the whole day with the love of her life and jinsoul hold onto this promise.

she waited for her girlfriend until almost midnight, pretty much the ending of that year's valentine but y/n is still not coming. jinsoul called her and when y/n answered the phone, she heard a lot of party sounds; loud screaming, upbeat music and glasses clinking.

"dungdung?" jinsoul talked first, "where are you? i've been waiting for you since forever."

"hi, doldol. uhm, i'm on a party that our professor brought up but i'll be home right now. i'm sorry, promise, just wait, hm? sorry my love, i love you, bye!"

and yes, they call each other dungdung and doldol.

anyways, that exact moment, y/n immediately escaped the party in a flash to go to jinsoul. she made to come to their shared apartment for about thirty minutes.

but she's late, jinsoul already ate and currently washing the dishes.

y/n saw her, being busy with the sink. she was kind of disappointed when jinsoul reacted nothing when she back-hugged her. "doldol, what's wrong?"

she kissed her shoulder with little pecks jinsoul resisted.

"i don't know why but, i feel like i'm begging for your time and attention." jinsoul melancholy said. this made y/n go after her.

"wha-what do you mean?"

"what do i mean? what do i fucking mean?"

y/n startled as she saw how seething jinsoul is. she completely knows her girlfriend is so upset.

"y/n, we're about to get married, yet i don't think you put me as one of your priorities." jinsoul stated, "sorry for the three years we've spent together, sorry for wasting your time." and she left their shared apartment, starting her car's engine.

-

"y/n said she tried her best to chase jinsoul that night- i mean, midnight. she did her best to reach jinsoul but she's gone." jungeun finished. jiwoo and hyunjin are still shocked how cruel jinsoul and y/n's love story is.

"i'm so sad about it. they can make it work if they want to, actually." jiwoo pouted.

"yup, i've thought of that also." hyunjin agreed, "but jungeun-unnie, how come you know every single details of their story."

"shush, i'm not privacy invasive. y/n told me back then. remember her birthday celebration where everybody was drunk as hell?"

-