"No duh dumb-butt, another one! Or precisely, two..." She giggled "Don't worry, I'll get them done to! I always do, right?" She giggled, smirking at me as I looked through the mirror.

Crap, she is such...a bad influence...

I grasped Cordelia's hand as I hyperventilated from the nervousness that overtook me.

"Look it's not that bad!" Cordelia soothed, or tried to.

"BUT THERE'S LOTS OF BLOOD, LOTS OF IT!" I squeaked.

She rolled her eyes "Would it help if I got it done first?" She asked.

I nodded at her with wide eyes "Fine fine, I'll go first" and with that. We switched places.

I glared at Cordelia as we walked into the shoe store, she just had to make me get it didn't she, now I couldn't talk, well, I could it just hurt a bit.

"Here! There's the shoes!" She squealed.

Turning my head, I set my eyes on the beautiful red heals, they were block heals, not really high but high enough. They were gorgeous...I had to say...

"Oh my...gosh..." I gasped "They, they" I stuttered.

"I know right! We need to get a pair, I'll get the black, and you get the red, we will like, match!"

I gasped "How much do they cost?" I asked.

"They are designer so-"

"How much?" I asked again.

"40..."

"OH MY GOD NO!" I gasped, that was too much for shoes! I'm fine with my red flats at 5!

"OH COME ON! They are super cute YOU SAID SO YOURSELF! I'll pay! We need to get them!" I sighed.

"I'm not letting you buy them for me hop scotch!"

"Let me get you them for your birthday then! It is tomorrow and all, please!"

Oh, yeah...that's right, my birthday. Yay! I'm so happy, now I'm just reminded that there is another occasion I don't get to spend with Matty...

"Um, no, it's fine, we will just go, you get a pair and I'll just not, ok?" I asked.

She looked down onto the ground "I'm sorry, I made you think of him didn't I?"

My heart hammered against my chest "No, no, hop scotch, it's fine you didn't do anything, it's just the shoes are too much...I can't always let you buy me things, you buy me everything before I can even get my credit card out.." I shook my head "Come on, lets just go back to the dorms, my feet hurt really bad, I've been on them all day, lets just go, I've, I've had enough"

Cordelia hung her head, an apologetic look on her face.

Nodding slowly she grabbed my hand in hers tightly.

"Ok, girl, lets go get our movie on, we can weep until our bodies can't shed salty tears anymore!"

"Let me guess, Marley and me?" I asked.

"Girl! THAT MOBIE IS THE BEST, don't diss the movie, I love it, it always makes my mascara run!"

"And that's a good thing" I snorted.

"Shuut uup" she laughed, nudging my shoulder.

Curled on the sofa, my head lay captive on Cordelia's shoulder as I couldn't move from tiredness.

"I'm...so...shattered..." I mumbled.

"I know...your drooling..." She mumbled.

"Sorry" I patted her shoulder.

Cordelia's POV

I paced back and forth, around and around the sofa as Emily's sleeping form lay there, sound.

It wasnt her I was pacing for, no, but Him. The self observed argent brat I call my older brother.

MONTHS without contact and he choses to come back now? Right before her birthday, all hell is going to break lose and she's, she's going to go all ape on him for leaving her! I mean. Have you seen the scar he left on her neck?! Crap it's...bad.

Right on cue the knock came on the door, signalling he was indeed here.

Opening the door wide I let him get a good look at my angry gaze befor anything was said.

"Brother" I said through gritted teeth.

"Hello Cordelia" a smile twitched at his lips.

"I don't think she will be happy, I mean it is her birthday tomorrow. And your going to ruin it. You know that right?" I asked.

He avoided the question "How is she?" He asked.

"She's great, but I've been such a baaaaad influence, good luck" I smiled sweetly, walking out the door in which he came.

Tomorrow sure will be...fun.