We Have A Chance

Sorry that it's been a long time since I last updated. College is a thing.

After being let in by Steve and Natasha, Jake and Wanda watched with them as Scott walked around the compound, trying to find his bearings.

"I thought Thanos killed him." Jake whispered to the Black Widow.

"I did too." Natasha whispered back.

"You okay?" Steve asked the Ant-Man.

Scott didn't answer for a bit, he was still rubbing sweat off his face and getting his breathing back to a normal rate before turning to the other four, asking

"Have any of you guys studied quantum physics?"

"Not me. Why?" Jake shrugged.

"Alright, so..." Scott began to explain. "Five years ago, right before...Thanos, I was in a place called the Quantum Realm. It's like its own microscopic universe. To get in there, you have to be incredibly small. Hope, she's my...she was my..."

Jake didn't need to tap into the Rider's empathic powers to tell that this "Hope" person was special to Scott.

"...She was supposed to pull me out. And then...Thanos happened and I got stuck in there."

"Sorry to hear that, Scott..." Wanda said. "It must have been a long five years."

"But that's just it...it wasn't. For me, it was five hours." Scott explained again. "See, the rules of the Quantum Realm aren't like they are up here. Everything is unpredictable..."

The others turned to one another as they listened to Scott, only for him to point at a sandwich on the table.

"Is that anyone's sandwich? I'm starving."

"Lang, that's mi-"

It was too late for Natasha as she watched Scott eat the sandwich. Ignoring the agent's annoyed look, Steve spoke up again.

"Scott, what are you saying?"

"What I'm saying is...time works differently in the Quantum Realm. But, right now, we don't have a way to navigate it. What if we did?"

They looked at each other once again, sensing something they haven't had in a while.

"What if we somehow control the chaos?" Scott said with more volume and confidence than how he was a while ago. "What if we could enter the Quantum Realm at a certain point in time and exit at another point in time, like...before Thanos?"

"Scott, are you talking about a time machine?" Jake asked, slightly skeptic.

"No, not a time machine, it's more..." Scott began to ramble again. "...more like ah...yeah, like a time machine. I know, it's crazy. There has to be someone who can...yeah, it's crazy."

"I get emails from a raccoon. Nothing sounds crazy anymore." Natasha told him.

Wanda turned to the others.

"If this whole thing about this Quantum Realm is true, then we might have a chance to get everyone back." She said.

"Who do we go to for stuff like this anyway?" Jake asked the others.

Later...