Avengers Reunion...sort of

After the Scotland encounter, Jake, Wanda, and Vision sat in the Quinjet piloted by Steve with Natasha and Sam.

"I thought we agreed to keep in touch?" Steve stood in front of the Ghost Rider and the Scarlet Witch like a stern father reprimanding children.

"I...got no defense for that." Jake shrugged.

"Jeez, how long were you two out of the loop?" Sam asked.

"Since we left Paris. We only ever called to let you know we were okay." Wanda explained.

Natasha immediately cleared her voice. "Anyway, there's been a situation in New York. Something big is coming, and it involves more than just the Mind Stone in Vision's head." She explained.

"How big are we talking?" Jake asked.

"From the sound of it, universal." Natasha replied. That made him sigh.

"Of fucking course."

Following that flight, where he spent the whole time listening to Natasha's story of her adventures in Russia after the Zemo fiasco, Jake found himself walking down the halls of the New Avengers Facility, a place he hasn't stepped foot in for two years, with the others as he and Wanda helped Vision stay on his feet. Upon reaching the meeting room, they saw Rhodey in a meeting with a holographic projection of General Ross.

Jake chose to ignore whatever heated exchange Steve got roped into with the hold general when the War Machine turned the holographic communication off to turn and face them slowly, as Rhodey was wearing some type of mechanized crutch.

"Yo." Rhodey casually waved at the group.

Jake managed a small smile as he, Sam, Wanda, and Vision observed Steve and Natasha giving the near-paralyzed Rhodey some warm hugs.

"You guys, uh...look like crap." Rhodey quipped, earning a chuckle from the others.

"Yeah, definitely." Jake mused.

Before anyone else could say anything, an old, familiar face came into the room. It was Bruce.

 It was Bruce

"Bruce." Natasha smiled.

"Hey, everyone." He smiled back. "I guess we've got a lot of things to talk about."

After getting settled, the present Avengers stood and sat around the conference room after Bruce, andRhodey explained what was happening, especially Tony's own encounter with aliens alongside the Masters of the Mystic Arts and Spider-Man.

"Okay, what's the plan?" Sam asked.

"I mean, I know alien visits are becoming a norm right now, but we could've at least gotten a warning beforehand." Natasha sighed.

"Well, if you want to be technical, we did get one." Everyone turned to where Jake sat, only for glowing orange eyes to indicate who was actually speaking to them.

"Zadkiel, what are you talking about?" Sam asked.

"To put simply, Mr. Wilson, two weeks after Siberia, Jacob and Ms. Maximoff were visited by Mephisto during their final night in Paris."

"I'm sorry, what?" Rhodey asked. "You guys ran into the Devil himself and didn't say anything?"

"We had a tripartite agreement to never speak of it, but given current circumstances, it's clear Mephisto was not joking." Zadkiel added.

"Well, what did he say?" Steve asked.

"The building blocks of the universe will gather in the hand of an enemy-"

Natasha turned to Steve, saying "Vision's Mind Stone..."

"Thor mentioned it was part of a set of artifacts called the Infinity Stones." The super soldier mused. "Sources of great power dating back to the beginning of the universe."

"If this 'Thanos' person gets his hand on them..." Bruce muttered.

"We won't let him, Bruce." Steve said.

"Mephisto also said we would fail."

The silence in the room was deafening when Zadkiel said that. They just looked at each other, clearly concerned.

"...Is that supposed to stop us from trying, Zadkiel?" Steve asked the Spirit, who just shrugged.

"Perhaps the only way is to destroy this." Vision stood up and pointed at the Mind Stone as he clutched his wounds from the Scotland fight.

Wanda immediately stood up. "Vis, no. We can't just consider that!" She exclaimed. Jake, who was back in control, nodded in agreement.

"I do not see any other way, everyone." Vision added. "If this new enemy will attain their victory through the Stones, then the only way is to absolutely ensure that the set is incomplete."

"Well, even if we go through with that plan, do we even know how to get the Stone off of you?" Jake asked. "I am very much open to suggestions."

Synchronous hums echoed as everyone present began to think, but it didn't take long for Steve to break the silence.

"I think we know someone who can help out..."

"Are...we thinking the same people?" Jake asked the captain, who just gave him a nod.

"Um...what?" Bruce asked.

"Strap yourself in the Quinjet, Dr. Banner." The Ghost Rider grinned. "You're gonna love Wakanda."