Making A Change

I know there are a lot of plot points in the story. With so many ideas in my head it's so hard to focus on just one. If any of you have more suggestions, leave a comment. Enjoy!!

After Maui and Moana were done with their story. The same story they told the rest of the family. Luisa didn't know what to say, she didn't know what to think. She had a lot of mixed emotions along with confusion.

"Sweetie we know we didn't raise you but we love you and we would love to be part of your life" Maui said

"We would also love to teach you how to use your powers" Moana said "But you would have to come to Te Fiti with us for a while"

"What?!!" Luisa said "Leave the Encanto??"

"We'll not force you of course, it's your decision to make" Maui said

Luisa was thoughtful for a while "You said I could control the ocean, what exactly does that mean?"

Moana smiled "It's not so much control over the ocean but be one with it. I can hear it's waves, the creatures within it, feel it's presence. You can do that too in time" she explained "You already have the connection by birth, you just have to let the ocean get to know you so you can tell it what to do" Moana lifted her oar, she closed her eyes concentrating. As she lifted it, the river glowed and raised up along with it "This oar helps me give it direction, it was given to me by Te Fiti, the goddess of all islands. Just as Maui's hook gives him the powers to shift" Moana explained as the water went back down.

"How can I do it?" Luisa asked

Moana looked at Maui and he smiled, he reached for his pocket. Out two bracelets "With this, they were gifted to us by Te Fiti when you were born"

As Luisa reached and out them on, they glowed. She was surprised and Maui and Moana smiled "Try it" Moana said, she motioned for Luisa to sit beside her to the edge of the river "Like this" reaching out two hands out to the water, she moved up. The water started rising and gave her a high-five.

Luisa copied the movements and the water moved up. Her eyes widened and she smiled "Wow" As Moana moved her hands down, she copied and let the water down.

"So?" Maui asked "What do you say?"

"We don't want to put pressure on you but Maui and I must leave in a few days. We can't leave Te Fiti defenseless for too long" Moana said

"I-" Luisa hesitated "I will think about it" she got up from the floor and looked at both of them "I'm not one to hold a grudge so I'm not mad at you anymore for leaving me here" at this the couple smiled "But you have to understand that I've been living a whole different life than what you probably expected for me. I want to learn more about this power but I can't leave everyone I love behind just like that"

"We understand" Maui said

Luisa started to walk towards the village "I have to get back to finish my chores and to casita. Come find me whenever you want to talk to me if I'm not that busy" as soon as she said that, she ran off.

Luisa finished her chores and went home. Being done with the previous conversation, the family was dispersed. The only ones inside the house were Julieta, Agustin, Alma, Isabela and Mirabel. Luisa didn't want to look at the two adults so she turned to her sisters. This saddened Julieta and Agustin.

"I know you're not ok but we're here for you hermana" Mirabel said looking at the blue butterfly circling around Luisa. This brought tears to their eyes and the three hugged.

Luisa turned to her adoptive parents "I'm not ready to talk yet, give me a little bit of time" they nodded in agreement. The girl turned to her abuela "I'm gonna go do my chores" Alma looked at her concerned but nodded as well.

That night everyone went to bed but Luisa couldn't sleep. She was conflicted on what to do. More than that, she was scared of the outcome of everything. Then one thought entered her mind, there was a person in the family who could tell her. She quietly got out of her room and walked slowly to the tower. She carefully knocked and Bruno opened it.

"Hey tio, can I come in?" She whispered shyly

"Luisa? Of course" said Bruno and stepped aside. Since it had been forbidden for years, she had never been in that room. Mirabel had told her about it but since casita had been rebuilt, it had changed. It looked like a desert, it didn't have the stairs Maribel had described. There were boulders surrounding the room. In front of those boulders, there was sand falling from the ceiling. His bed was in a corner and bushed with palo santo in another corner. Near the door there were two small doors Luisa assumed were his closet. At the center, where there were heading, there was a circle of rocks and sand.

"I have to admit, this room seemed scarier when I was little" Luisa said to ease the tension

Bruno chuckled "I think I know why you're here"

"Tio Bruno I'm scared, I don't know what to do. I love this family but I want to learn more about my origins and new powers. At the same time I'm scared of what I might learn" Luisa ranted

"Luisa, don't worry I'll help you. Let me tell you something first" Luisa nodded "Even if you weren't born into the family, we love you no matter what" Bruno said

Luisa smiled "Thank you tio"

Bruno gesture Luisa to follow him. As they sat in the middle of the sand circle, Luisa was nervous. Bruno held out his hands for her to take. The sand surrounded them as soon as his eyes started flowing green. Luisa looked around them at the images.

"I see the family is sad, you seem far away from us" Bruno said

"So I leave?" Luisa asks

"Looks like it" he says then another image appears of Luisa plying with water "But you seem to be learning a lot about your new powers. There's a smile on your face as you embrace your birth parents" Luisa gave a questioning look. Another image appears, Luisa standing on an edge with her head down then up "You look sad and seem to be staring into space" Luisa then looked intrigued

"Why?" she questioned but the sand fell

"That's a part that will happen on its own when the time comes" Bruno said

"Thanks tio Bruno" Luisa said but she looked sad

"De nada sobrina, everything's gonna be ok" he said then hugged her as he could

Luisa got out of Bruno's room with more questions than answers. She did want to learn about her new powers and her birth parents. On the other hand, she loved being a Madrigal and didn't want her family to be sad. She tried to go to sleep even if she had a million thoughts on her mind.

Don't forget to comment and vote!!!