Prologue

A police car pulls up and a deputy followed by a blonde hair girl get out of the car. They walk towards a gas station and around the overturned vehicles and trash laying that lies everywhere, the girl sticks close to her companion.

The deputy, Rick Grimes, holds a small fuel tank in his hand trying to look for some fuel. He walks past several vehicles where decomposing dead people sit in their cars with flies buzzing around them. The girl swallows nauseated by the gruesome sight.

They walk towards the gas station and see that the sign says No Gas . Rick sighs and gestures for them to leave they start to walk back towards the car, but the girl stops as she hears some footsteps. The girl puts a finger to her lips and gestures for her friend to be silent and kneels down, and looks under a car.

Rick follows her lead and kneels down as well.

They see tiny feet wearing pink slippers seemingly belonging to a small girl walking towards a teddy bear. She bends down, revealing the bottom of a pink bathrobe, and picks it up before walking away from Rick and the girl. Rick abruptly stands up and starts to go after her his companion hisses out "Wait! Rick don't!" Rick ignores her and stops a few feet away from her and says "Little girl? I'm a policeman. Little girl!"

She stops and stands there swaying slightly. Rick's friend walks over to them keeping her distance as she whispers urgently "Rick, you don't understand..." Rick continues desperate to help the small child before him "Don't be afraid. Okay? Little girl" "Rick, please listen to me....she's one of them" the girl says pleadingly. That's when she turns around, and they finally see that she is a walker with parts of her cheek missing.

She starts to shuffle towards Rick and groans. Before she can get to him, Rick draws his pistol and fires. The little girl is struck in the head and she falls down dead. Rick stares in shock.

While the girl stares pitifully at the corpse. Rick turns to her and asks "How did you know....Delilah?" Delilah looks up at Rick teary eyed and says "I don't know Rick, I just know these things" she then starts to cry. Rick walks over and starts shushing her as he embraces her "Hey, it'll be okay. We'll figure this all out, okay?" Rick looks back at the dead child.