It's...milk

S P E N C E R ' S   P O V

I've been replaced by a pillow.

A fucking pregnancy pillow.

Averie used to sleep wrapped around me, but I've have been deserted ever since that thing arrived the other day.

I never thought I'd be jealous of a piece of fabric and some stuffing but here I am, watching Averie cuddle up to her new found love while I lie cold in my designated corner of the bed.

"I can feel your eyes on me," Averie grumbles, hugging the pillow tighter. "Why are you staring?"

"I'm not."

Averie's eyes finally open and they drift between where I actually am scowling at her wrapped around that damn thing.

She giggles, reaching over to cup my chin. "Jealousy looks cute on you."

I don't know when, but her flare for the dramatics has definitely rubbed off on me because I'm pouting and turning onto my opposite side. I definitely hear her mutter big baby underneath her breath before she wraps her arms around me and throws one leg over my body, making me the little spoon. So much better.

"Don't worry, Spence. I still love you," She says, pressing a kiss to my neck. "Just not as much as my pillow."

"That's it," I sigh, shrugging out of her hold and climbing out of bed. "You've ruined it."

"Come on," Averie giggles, turning to face me. "Cuddle with me."

I glare to where she's already tangled with the pillow again. "I hope you two are very happy together."

I can still hear her laughing when I close the bathroom door behind me.

-

After getting showered and ready, when I get out of the bathroom Averie is no longer in bed. Already knowing exactly where I'll find her, I head to the nursery.

I'm not even surprised when I see her sitting in a sea of the baby's clothes. I clear my throat, leaning one shoulder against the door frame.

Averie looks up at me from where she's sorting and folding piles. "I'm nesting," She says like it's obvious. "Don't rush me."

I've recently learned that nesting is the burst of energy women often get in the last few weeks of pregnancy that inspires them to clean and organize the house in preparation for baby's arrival. In Averie's case, she has felt the need to wash and fold the baby's clothes on repeat the past few weeks we've been stuck at home.

"Come on, you need to eat before we go."

Even though she folded the exact same pile of onesies yesterday, she's not stopping now. "I'll be down in a second."

We're going to a Christmas fair today to pick out a tree and even though the baby's due date is only days away, Averie said no matter how much she has to waddle to get there, she was not missing the chance for us to pick out our first Christmas tree together.

We didn't get to do it last year since we were away for the holidays visiting our families but I think we're both excited that we have our home to decorate this year.

We're going with Derek and Penelope. Derek has a rack on the roof of his truck that we can secure the trees to and Penelope wouldn't pass up the chance to go to anything festive in a million years.

Perfect timing because just as I pass the front door, there's a knock. I swing it open to find Derek and Penelope smiling at me when I usher them inside.