(二)Chapter 2 - Running

After a nice long rest, I walked back out to the kitchen to grab something to eat. I grab an apple from the fridge and go to take a bite, but before I could I heard footsteps behind me. I turn and throw the apple at the mysterious man behind me. Looking up, I saw that it was my father now holding what was my breakfast.
"You know, you could take someone's head off doing that." Baba joked passing me back my apple.
"Sorry Baba. I heard footsteps behind me. Anyway, what did you need?" I questioned him.
"I wanted to talk to you about something."
"...ok?"
"You're getting married."
"WHAT?!?"
"I'm sorry my little liu xing. I'm sorry I didn't inform you sooner. You have been in a marriage agreement with Bolin Hong ever since you were a child."
"Eehhhhhhh? Bolin?! You mean that weird chubby kid?"
"Yes and you will be married in a couple weeks time."
"But Baba-"
"No buts. I'm sorry, but you may not avoid your duties as my daughter."
     With the I ran upstairs and curled up on my bed in tears. That is, until I looked up. I looked up and saw a picture of my mom. The picture contained her alongside her friends, wearing their graduation gowns. In the picture, they were standing directly outside of their department building at college.
     This gave me an idea. I jumped up and immediately started packing. I packed everything I would need alongside a...generous... amount of cash. I opened the door to my room quietly and snuck out of the house checking around every corner. Once out of the house I ran. I ran to catch the last admissions day at that college. What was this college you may ask? None other than Mingde.