Teachings and Callings

"We're right on track, Mama!" the sweet, tiny voice of Astrid sounded out from just behind her head, "We've probably got another eight hours of travel left and we'll be there!" "Thanks so, so much, Assie!" Rosalina warmly replied, patting the little green Luma on the head before turning her eyes back toward the cosmic observatory's direction of motion. "Oh, I didn't do it all alone, Mama," Astrid gently spoke, "All of us love helping you! And we've all got our special jobs to do! Isn't that right, everyone?" A collective cheer sounding out from the crowd of Lumas around her, Rosalina's heart now soared once again like the comet she traveled on. "So, Mama," a red Luma curiously asked, "what are we going to do when we get there?"

Oddly caught off guard as the question entered her ears, Rosalina's delayed response likely gave away more than a simple "I don't know" ever would: "Well...I was thinking...I should probably...well...take Special One out for lunch! Yeah! Maybe...uhhh...pizza! Never tried it myself, but everyone else seems to really love it! How's that?" Sweet Luma giggles echoing all throughout the observatory, Rosalina this time wasn't going to let her children mysteriously laugh at her words without explanation. "What's so funny?" she playfully asked as if she were accusing a full-mouthed Luma of stealing the last of the cookies, "What are you all giggling about?" "Mama, you don't have to hide it!" a little blue Luma began. "We all know you like Special One waaaaay more than you're telling us! You like her more than Mario does, don't you!?!" A yellow Luma added. "Yeah, you wanna marry her, right Mama?" Astrid finished at last, eyes now leaking laughter tears as she floated beside her mother's head.

Chest suddenly becoming unmeasurable hot, Rosalina's hands were now made busy cooling herself as the heat dissipated up into her skull. Why did her children's words cause such crazy reactions in her? Why did Princess Peach's mere mention cause her to blush and heat up the way she did? "What makes you think that?" the cosmic princess asked her children; voice struggling to hide her inner anxiety. "Because you won't stop thinking about her, Mama!" a little blue Luma spoke, giggles now fading into more sincerity, "You were up late thinking about her, that's why you looked through your telescope at her." Spinning her head around sharply to lock her boiled eyes onto Astrid, Rosalina could never punish her children for communicating with one another, yet could still roll her eyes way back into her head upon hearing of her most recent reaction being spilled. "You really should ask me before you tell like that!" Rosalina playfully said, eyes moments later returning to the crowd of Lumas after Astrid returned an innocent, sweety-eyes stare.

"Anyway," Rosalina continued at last, "I've just seen Special One, or Peach, as she probably prefers, feeling really down lately, and I wanted to return what Mario did for me through lifting her back up." "That's beautiful, Mama!" Astrid cheered out; the other Lumas cheering as well, "I'm sure Mario and...Peach, will both really love it!"

________________________________________________________________________________

"Whaa! How in the world could I have hit that one!?!" Flinging her head to the side as she narrowly dodged a flying tennis ball, Princess Peach's bright face now reflected sunlight like a shattered mirror as sweat raced down her cheeks. Having spent the last several hours returning to her mostly usual routine, both Mario and Daisy were glowing like sweet little stars once more upon seeing their rather peachy beacon of hope return to her normal, upbeat self. While not wishing to recall the state of her lower point, Princess Peach could definitely report positively on her recent change in mood throughout the day. Having been shivering and crying in the early morning, the love and support that surrounded her had lifted the mushroom princess to the point where her only fear now was being smacked in the forehead by her cousin's hard-smashed tennis serves.

"Whataya, five?" Daisy goofily commented, playfulness smeared in her voice as she tilted her figure forward to taught her cousin, "I'm not gonna be easy on ya anymore!" Despite her arms aching like never before, Peach's once throbbing head was at last able to sit comfortably upon her neck with her questions slowly shedding their weight from her mind. Sure, she may not have yet resolved the conflict that she had called upon Daisy for help with, yet she sure had succeeded with gaining momentum on the much more mysterious questions in her mind.