One

I hated walking home alone.

I always had the idea that someone was going to come out of hiding and come take me away. I guess I've been watching to many crime shows.

I didn't like the idea of being alone. I didn't have the best childhood. My parents were never around, other than the rare visit for Christmas and my Birthday, they were workaholics. And I was sure my father was cheating on my mother, which made it hard to speak to him.

Now that I'm arranged to be married to a man named Colton Smith, I knew I'd be more lonely than I've ever been. Colton wasn't a friendly man. He practically neglects to notice I'm even in the same room as him.

I wish I could make my own choices, rather than have my 'family' choose everything.

As I was turning around the corner of a building I heard footsteps a few feet away from me. I quickly turned my head to see who was behind me, to see a man who was about 5'11, he looked to be in his thirties, other than that I couldn't tell, because it was extremely dark out.

As I continued walking I noticed he was walking in the same direction as me. I didn't know if he was following me or not.

I decided if he was following me, the safest thing to do was walk in the opposite direction of the apartment I share with Colton.

The strange man walked in the same direction as me and that's when I realized I was being followed.

My heart started beating quickly in my stomach when he started picking up the pace. I started to panic. I didn't know what to do, so I reached in my purse for my phone.

I dialed Colton's number and his phone started ringing.

"What?" He asked in a snappy voice.

"Forget it." I said and hung up on him.

I saw a man walking out of a restaurant. From what I could see he was very attractive. He was wearing nice jeans, and a nice button up white shirt.

I walked towards him quickly and took a deep breath. Maybe I could get him to pretend to be my boyfriend so the creepy guy would leave me alone.

Sooner than later I was standing right in front of him. He was taller than 6 feet. His hair was jet black and he had light colorful eyes.

"Excuse me, but do you see that guy there? He's following me, so could you pretend to be my boyfriend?" I asked him in a panicky voice.

The man looked forward at the other man that was following me and he nodded his head.

He put his arm around my waist and we started walking away from the restaurant.

"Which direction do you live in? I'll drive you home. My car isn't too far from here."

Wow. I wasn't expecting for him to offer me a ride home, I only thought he'd walk with me for a few minutes then leave.

"Oh uh..I think I should be fine, thank you though..." I was going to say his name, but I remembered I didn't know it.

"Nathan, what's your name?" He asked me, curiously.

"Bethany." I said looking up at him. He nodded his head and we started walking away to his car.

"Sorry about all of this, you probably have some plans that didn't include having to act like a boyfriend so a creep wouldn't follow some random girl." I said with a nervous giggle.

"No I was actually planning on going home to watch a movie, helping a gorgeous girl is way better." Nathan told me with a dimpled smile.

"Well thank you, Nathan." I said smiling. His smile was so infectious that it was hard to resist smiling.

"Why's a girl like you walking home alone, so late at night?"

"A girl like me? What does that mean?" I asked.

"Well surely there's a boyfriend you should be meeting right now."

"Nope." I said feeling guilty. It made it seem like there was no man in my life. There's Colton, but who cares about Colton? Oh right...Colton cares about Colton. How could I ever forget that?

When we got to Nathan's car we stopped for some strange reason and just looked at each other.

I finally got to see the color of his eyes. They were a beautiful blue, I was jealous of them.

"You have beautiful eyes." I whispered.

"You're beautiful." He whispered back to me and next thing I know, my back was leaning against his car, his hands on my waist and his lips on mine.

It was a hungry kiss.

I knew what I was doing was wrong but it felt right. Even though I didn't know the guy, there was something about him that I was drawn to.

"Let's go to my place."

The sentence was what warned me to snap out of it and go home, but I didn't. I left all of my common sense, and thoughts in the back of my mind. Nothing mattered at this moment.