All of you Pt. 1

As we arrive at the broken Casita, everyone crowds Mirabel, I stay near the horse with papi. Julieta is fussing over Mirabel. I motion for my dad to follow me to the family, but he just shook his head. I walk to Camilo, who embraces me as soon as I walk over to him. "I couldn't find you." He says, then he gently slaps my good shoulder. "I thought I told you not to scare me like that?" He says seemingly offended, Agustin rushes to his daughter, his hands and face are swollen. "There were bees everywhere." He says, Mirabel puts her hand on his swollen cheek. "I'll be okay." He assures her, softly patting her hand. 

        "Uh... Not if we don't have a house." We all look at Camilo, tio Felix gives him a nudge. "What the hell Cami?" I say, trying desperately not to laugh. "What I can't say we don't have a house." He says looking between me and his father, he then gestures to the rubble in front of us. "What is that? Not a house." He says, I smack the top of his hair, though it is cushioned by his curly hair. Mirabel walks up to the broken archway, she then starts a song, yes another one.

"Look at this home,

We need a new foundation

It may seem hopeless

 But we'll get by just fine."

        She looks at Camilo as she sings that verse, the family gathers around her.

"Look at this family,

A glowing constellation

So full of starsAnd everybody wants to shine."

        Mirabel turns to face us.

"But the stars don't shine they burn

And the constellations shift."        

Mirabel says, goes and helps a struggling Luisa.

"I think it's time you learn

You're more than just your gift."

        Abuela walks through the archway and the rest of the family follows into the broken Casita. We all watch as Abuela joins the song.

"And I'm sorry I held on too tight

Just so afraid I'd loose you too."

        Abuela turns to the doorway and beckons someone over, Papi enters the doorway. Tia Julieta and tia Pepa get emotional and Abuela continues.

"The miracle is not

some magic that you've got

The miracle is you."

        Abuela looks at all of us before continuing.

"Not some gift, just you

The miracle is you."

        Most of us grandkids join in.

"All of you

 All of you."

         The triplets hug, Camilo stares at Bruno, confused and shocked, he adds his two sense.

"Okay so... we gonna talk about Bruno?" 

        Antonio grins, having known about papi before Camilo.

"That's Bruno."

        Antonio adds, Papi nods, awkwardly and makes a contribution.

"Yeah, there's a lot to say about Bruno..."

        Papi grabs Tia Pepa by the hand and spins her around.

"I'll start okay!

Pepa  I'm sorry 'bout your wedding

Didn't mean to be upsetting

That wasn't a prophacy

I could just see you were sweating

And I wanted you to know

That your bro loves you so

Let it in, let it out,

Let it rain, let it snow

'Let it go'"

         At that, Pepa bursts into tears, tio Felix lifts his arms in triumph and hugs Pepa. "That's what I'm always saying, Bro!" Papi turns back to the center, facing the family.

"I got a lot of apologies I got to say."

        Papi says giving me a small look, Julieta comes up behind him.

"Hey, we're just happy that you're here, okay?"

"But-"

        Tia Pepa joins in.

"Come into the light!"

"But-"

        Tio Agustin pushes the triplets into a tight hug.

"The triplets all reunite!"

        Julieta and Pepa look at Papi with admiration.

"And no matter what, we're gonna find our way."

         Dolores comes up beside me and Camilo and nudges Camilo with her elbow. He rubs his arm, Dolores joins the song with a loud voice, now that her ears aren't so sensitive.

"Yo, I knew he never left. I heard him every day." 

        I hear a bunch of noise rising.

"What's that sound?" 

          Abuela asks, I look around, Antonio is the first to answer.

"I think it's everyone in town..."

The townspeople appear over the crest of the mountain. I see the everyone, I know, Alessandra gives a small wave, which I return. The townspeople join the song as well

"Hey! 

Lay down your load 

(Lay down your load  

We're only down the road 

(We're only down the road ) 

We have no gifts 

But we are many

And we'll do any...

..thing for you!" 

       Our family and the entire town begin to rebuild our home, Alessandra and I work side by side the entire time. I introduced her to the family, it was a lot of hugging and crying. We spend the entire day working. At the end of the day I pull Alessandra aside. I cover her eyes and lead her somewhere.

        "Okay you can look now." I say uncovering her eyes, she looks around and gasps, clasping a hand over her mouth. I have brought us to a spot with a good view of the mountains. With the help of my family, a romantic picnic has been arranged. Alessandra brings her hand down from her mouth and looks at me. "Alex, it's beautiful." She turns to look at me. "How- Why-?" She asked, I smiled at her, "W-well, I made a date with you, and my family helped me put this together." I reply leading her to the blanket. We spend the rest of the day at the site of the picnic.