"For several reasons that aren't your fucking business," I sighed and got up to get something on the shelf.

"I guess that changed everything," He mumbled.

I tend to ask that question myself every time and to be clear, I never wanted to leave mainly because of the memories I had here with (Y/N). I've grown attached to the memories that I didn't want to forget. Also because... I was waiting for her here? It sounds almost stupid to think about that but would it hurt to dream of it?

Is there a chance that we could be together again without anything coming our way? Definitely not. That only happens in those silly fantasies. In my case, that's not entirely possible since I have sort of a selfish side if I'm being honest.

"Must have been tough," I heard him sigh. "I won't ask you further about it but just so you know, you shouldn't be suffering on your own, Balladeer." He looked over his shoulder at me.

My assistant came back with a glass of beer and handed it over to Dottore. He brought it to his nose to sniff it before taking a sip. "Ah, I also wanted to ask you about something." He put the glass down to look at me.

"What?" I took a book from the shelf and went back to my desk.

"How's the shop doing? In the city?" He drank from the glass again. "I'm sure that's also one of the reasons you're still here." He slightly tilted his head.

"Yeah," I huffed through my nose. "But it's doing fine, you're managing it, after all." I opened my drawer and grabbed a paper and ink so I can keep myself busy.

"You're welcome," He scoffed, finishing his glass. "I haven't been here for a while so I shall send over some fresh flowers next time," He declared and asked for another glass of beer.

Of course, that was also one of the reasons I'm still here. I own that shop but Dottore manages it. He helped me out a lot in the past and he was always there for me so I trust him enough to let him manage it while I wasn't around.

I looked back down on the empty paper and thought deeply of something to write. I don't even know what to start with yet but as long as it was an initial plan to obtain the gnosis. I shall send word to Pierro first, I might get an idea from him.

"What the hell were you even doing here for the last eight years of your absence anyway?" He looked around, making me raise my head up at him.

"Living? What else?" I crossed my arms and leaned back, slightly annoyed that he interrupted my train of thoughts.

"How? I mean, how do you even do nothing here for years?" He raised a brow. "Were you just.. sad and horny?" He let out a wheezy laugh but he immediately stopped himself.

"Shut the fuck up," I glared at him. He flinched at the sound of my palm hitting the top of my desk. "I wasn't-"

"Come on now, that's understandable, it's okay," He laughed and raised his hands. "I admit, I also get a boner when I'm in pain," He burped loudly and patted his stomach.

"Don't fucking involve me," I shook my head. "In all fucking honesty, I was just completely... sad, that's all." I sighed and placed the ink closer to my paper so I can finally write something.

"You're such an emo," He laughed a bit as my assistant came back with another glass of beer.

"Old rat," I muttered, rolling my eyes at him.