I looked down and breathed out quietly, listening to him tell me about his day with a contented smile plastered on his face.

"What about you? I haven't heard from you yet," He scooted his chair closer to me. "Tell me about what happened with you today, hm?" He wiggled his brows at me and took a bite off the pizza.

I felt him staring directly at me so I slowly looked up to meet his eyes, my throat was so dry so I couldn't get a word out when I parted my mouth.

"Are you okay? Did something happen?" He put his food down to hold my hands with worry in his tone.

"Tell me what's wrong, (Y/N)." He was about to cup my cheeks when I swatted his hands away unconsciously.

He slightly flinched by what I did and widely stared at me, a mix of shock and confusion engulfed his face. I was starting to get seethed and I couldn't hold back my tears anymore.

"You're a liar!" I cried and got up from my seat, unable to control my emotions anymore. "Were you using me?!"

He also got up and furrowed his eyebrows, startled by my sudden reaction. "What are you saying?"

"Stop acting like you don't know," I gritted my teeth and pushed the chair in anger. "You used me!"

He frowned and stepped closer to me but he stopped when I pushed him harshly. His eyes screamed confusion and worry, but he didn't look hurt when I pushed him.

"I don't... I don't understand, (Y/N)." He calmly said, blinking at me.

"The gnosis," I began and choked back a sob. "Y-You have it, right?" My voice became shaky as I said that, anticipating for his honest response.

His eyes grew wide as if he didn't expect me to know, he stayed silent so that just explains everything. If he had lied, I would continue looking stupid in front of him.

"It's..." He became speechless. "Look.. I can explain."

I wiped my cheeks with my wrist and grabbed a cushion to throw it to him, "I hate you." He let the pillow hit him but he didn't looked fazed by it.

I expected him to lie, it's hurting me more now that I know it's true.

"You used me to get the gnosis for the Fatui.. didn't you?" I parted my mouth to breathe heavily.

"(Y/N), listen to me." His eyes glistened from tears forming. "It's not like that, I di-"

"You lied to me! You said you weren't a part of them anymore and you had nothing to do with them!" I bellowed and shook my head, my chest heaving up and down.

"Just calm down, please." He pleaded, his eyes welling up. "This is not what you fucking think it is.."

"You made me look stupid while you had the gnosis. I trusted you.. and I loved you," I couldn't stop my tears anymore as I clenched my jaw.

"Just liste-"

"And you were supposed to run away with it..?" I shook my head, looking down so he wouldn't see me crying.

"No, I'm not..." He reached for my hand. "From whom are you learning all of this..?" His voice was still calm yet gloomy.

"That doesn't matter, I want to hear the truth from you!" I swallowed hard and looked back at him.

"Listen, that's not it, okay?" He whispered.

"The Tsaritsa, the fatui... they're still important to you, right?" I sarcastically scoffed, shaking my head.

"They're not, fuck..." He furrowed his eyebrows and closed his eyes for a bit. "You're far more important to me, (Y/N)."

"Then why do you have it?! Did you really leave the fatui or not?" My voice broke.