Chapter 26: Just Forget.

A/N: Sorry I haven't published new chapters for like ages I've had like a whole swarm of tests and I had no time to write. I thought it was long since I had a chapter of something romantic-ish between Rachel and Draco so here it is. :) Hope you'll like it, please comment on anything that can be improved on and vote! Thank you x

He kept running and running, not letting me stop for a breath. He ran out of the castle and the red evening sky was stunning with the deep shade of maroon. The streaks of orange light shone from behind the clouds and gave it a romantic and warm, fuzzy feeling. Before I could blink my eyes, he pulled me to him and a smirk appeared on his lips. Within a second, we apparated and were no longer just outside the castle. We were now on the other side of the world, somewhere near the tropics I think. The weather was warm and the sun was still up, wherever we were. When I could find my feet again, I felt the soft, warm sand beneath my feet and the fresh ocean wind blowing through my hair. I close my eyes and I feel my tension ebbing away and relaxation overcoming my entire being. 

"Where are we?" I open my eyes again, to be greeted by a stunning horizon and a turquoise shade of water. 

"Hawaii," Draco tells me, his hand squeezing mine as he walks forward, standing in front of me. "I thought it was nice that we could relax for a while and just... forget about everything that's been going on since the start of the year."

I look into his grey eyes that were now shining in the bright orange sunlight. His eyes were half closed and he was leaning in. My heart was beating. It was long since I was able to kiss Draco without being interupted with a summon from You-Know-Who or a teacher walking in on us by accident. His soft lips meet mine and he moves his hands to my jaw where they tighten softly. My hands stay by my side, unwilling to spoil the kiss. My lips moved in syncronisation with his, his hands moving slowly down to my waist. I place my hands at his neck and I pull him closer to myself. 

He slowly releases me and I do the same. His pretty grey eyes meet mine and they look so deeply into my that my heart was fluttering and there were butterflies in my stomach. At that moment, he takes my hand and brings me to the side of a tree where there was a hammock. It was what I observed muggles used at the beach. I've wanted to experience what it was like to sit in one and rock back and forth. I guess that desire was about to come true. He leads me and props me up on the hammock before sitting down inside it himself. When he settles down, he pulls me back and I fall backwards, my head now resting on his chest that was rising and falling as he breathed. His fingers intertwined with mine and rested on my thigh. 

 I felt myself sweating a bit under my clothes so with a swish of my wand, I was now in a pair of shorts  and a shirt made of a thin material. Draco also changed his clothes. He wore a pair of bermudas and a polo shirt of which he left the top two buttons unbuttoned. His blond hair was ruffled in the wind and his grey eyes reflecting the magnificent sunset we were now experiencing. When he notices me staring up at him, he takes my left hand and brings it up to his lips. 

"We're getting married, in case you forgot Mrs Malfoy," he whispers as he kissed my hand gently. 

"I never forgot it for a second," I reassure him, smiling gleefully up at him.

"My parents are thrilled, they are planning a small wedding after everything is done," he tells me, a frown appearing on his face. "But who is going to walk you down and hand you over?" 

I thought about it for a second and then I thought maybe Esme or Blaise could. I suggested that to him but he continued frowning. "We should tell your father at least."

"What?" I ask, my voice could have cracked. I mean, I missed my parents, a lot more now that everything's so much more complicated. I missed my mother and my father. I even missed Hermione.  I missed being at home. I really wanted my father to be the one to walk me down the aisle, although I haven't seen him in ages. I wanted someone who means a lot to me to hand me over to Draco. 

"Are you okay, love?" he asks me. Only then did I notice my eyes welling up and a tear escapes my eye. "Why are you crying, Rach?" he takes me in his arms and hugs me tight. I bury my wet eyes in his chest and I let more tears escape my eyes. I missed my parents, I really do. I missed having my family with me. I missed the old Hermione. Why did I have to hold a grudge against her when I could have kept peace with her by talking to her and not being so hostile to her? When I feel Draco pull me away, he looks deep into my eyes, his light grey eyes bearing into mine. 

"Why are you crying, love?" he asks me, wiping away a tear with his thumb. 

"Because I just... I miss my parents, I miss Hermione as my cousin, I miss her. I miss my family," I tell him, thinking about the last night I spent at home, packing my Hogwarts trunk and eating those rosemary potatoes my mother made.

Hearing what I said, his eyes soften and his eyelids droop a bit. He takes me in his arms again and strokes my upper arm, comforting me. "Don't cry love. Don't. I promise, everything will return to normal after everything is over. i promise," he tells me, tightening his arms around my shoulders. I nod and sniffing, close my eyes and feel the cold breeze against my face. It was refreshing, something I haven't felt in a long time.

I wanted to walk in the sand. So I wipe my eyes with my hands and pull away from Draco. I smile at him before taking his hand and jumping off the hammock and walking off to the beach. The sun was setting and there were red streaks stretched across the sky, giving the land a warm glow. I kick off my slippers that were once covered shoes and step into the warm sand. He does the same, leading me to the clear blue waters that now appeared a slight tint of purple under the sunlight. He looks into the clear horizon and the sky illuminated his now golden eyes. The reflection of the sun on his face made him stunning. 

"Can we just leave it behind now and forget everything?" he asks me, keeping his eyes on the horizon. 

"Okay," I tell him, taking his other hand in mine.

He turns his head to face me and his side profile in the sun made him look so steamy. "I love you so much," he tells me as he grabs my waist. His face was serious and his eyes were sleepy-looking but his hand was strong against my skin. Before I knew it, he was leaning into me and his lips met mine. His hands move up to my back and I cup his face in my hands, running my fingers through his hair. The wind that weaved through my hair made my hair messy but it didn't matter.