Chapter 13 - I need you

Recommended song to listen to while reading - WINTER FLOWER by YOUNHO ft

Recommended song to listen to while reading - WINTER FLOWER by YOUNHO ft. RM

----------♡︎----------

 The two of us were shaken up and needed a few minutes to collect ourselves.

*10 minutes late*

We sat in silence, lost in our own thoughts when Jungwon spoke up;

"Okay... I think I'm fine now..." I gave him my full attention, waiting for him to continue. He looked so ashamed; I couldn't understand why. I was so lost and worried but I knew I had to give him time to collect his words. It didn't seem like the first time this happened to him.

"I think you already figured that it's not the first time this had happened to me. It's been a while since it happened and I thought I was feeling better but I guess I was wrong. These symptoms only appear when I'm under a lot of stress or when something really bad happened or when I have to meet a lot of new people at once or just change my everyday routine all of a sudden... So, when I have something to overthink about... I wanted to know what was actually going on so I searched it up and found out that what I was experiencing were panic attacks... I wanted to go to a psychologist but I was too scared to do it so I kept on canceling my appointments." He took a deep breath. "I'm really sorry you had to see that. I know it's a lot to process... I'm sorry that I've been bothering you so much, I promise I will leave you alone from now on. I've caused you enough trouble." He stood up and, holding back his tears, was ready to leave the apartment but I immediately grabbed him, embracing him.

"It's going to be okay. I'm here for you and you are not a burden to me, okay? I'm glad to have you and thank you for telling me about this. So, please don't leave. You are too important to me; you can't just leave." His stiff body started relaxing with every word.

We sat down and I cupped his cheeks;

"You have nothing to feel bad about. I'm glad that I was there and now we can figure this out together because what's happening to you is not okay, you understand that, right?"

"I know..."

"And you also know that the best way to start feeling better is by going to a professional who knows what's going on and who can help you?" I asked him softly but there was silence. He looked down.

"I know you are scared but you are not alone anymore. I'm going to be there for you. I will do anything in my power to help you and make sure you feel better, okay?" He just nodded, his eyes almost closing from exhaustion. It must've been so hard for him, going through all of these things all by himself. I wanted to protect him.