"Pretty much. As far as I know, he's being questioned at an undisclosed location. Announcing it to everyone would just cause unease when there isn't much information about his motives."

"Man, that's some serious business. No wonder security was bumped up. It is kinda scary but I also sort of wanna sneak in and see him. When would you ever get a chance to without the risk of death or torture?" Sina gets a mischievous smile but Amara automatically shuts her train of thought down.

"As fun as peeping on a potentially dangerous stranger sounds, it's also by far the worst idea I've ever heard."

"That's cause you haven't been around Scottie enough yet. He has bad ideas all the time. Mine are left for special occasions." Sina playfully sticks her tongue out making Amara shake her head. "I guess it will be my job to keep us all out of trouble then."

"Please, you’re a trouble magnet of your own. I could tell right away. If anything, we’ll be helping you out of whatever crazy thing decides to find you.” Amara is stuck between feeling warmed or insulted at how easily she has just been read. She momentarily considers whether she should tell Sina the rest or not but quickly decides she doesn't want to keep it from her. "There's another part to the intruder story I didn't tell you about.”

Well here goes nothing. She launches into the story of how she was the first to encounter any trace of the rogue. Then their subsequent attempt to get the message out and finally delivering the kids home safe and getting back to the pack house. She kept out mentions of Lyam or her later visit to Maddox because that would require a whole other explanation she didn't want to get into.

"Holy shit! why didn't you start with all of that?! I drop you off and miss all the cool stuff" Sina is now pouting so Amara pokes her in the side.

"Sometimes that's just what happens. I'd rather have missed it myself. It's honestly so weird. You have to wonder if he's just messing with us. Regardless that is what we have to go on according to Carter and Maddox."

"Maddox is it? Getting pretty close to our Alpha I see"Sina says with a teasing smile.

"Oh god, not you too!" Amara slaps a hand over her face to hide.

"Someone else noticed?"

"What? no, never mind. It's really nothing."

The smirk on Sina's face shows she's clearly not believing her. "You say that but I've caught you looking at him. I've also noticed him looking at you too. Maybe our big bad Alpha has a thing for you too."

Amara isn’t ready to fess up when she has just barely let herself mentally acknowledge that Maddox might return her feelings to some degree so she fibs a little, "There's absolutely no way. Not that it matters cause I'm not interested either" or a lot.

"You are such a bad liar. No worries, my lips are sealed but I know I'm right" She wiggles her eyebrows suggestively with a dopey grin earning a laugh from Amara.

Sina suddenly sits up straight like she just remembered something “I saw your mom earlier. We talked for a little bit and she told me your birthday is in a couple of weeks. You should have told me! We have to celebrate! You know twenty-one is a big deal."

"I had planned to but things kept coming up and I honestly forgot. I did get a birthday dress in town so maybe we can go out for it or something, invite a few people along." That's the honest truth. So much has happened in such a short period that the days start to blur into each other.

"Leave it to me! I'll plan something good. I am the queen of surprises so be ready for an epic birthday." There's probably no use in telling her it doesn’t have to be anything big or special now that the idea is in her head. Amara doesn’t actually mind. It’s...nice, having a close friend want to go through the trouble of making her birthday special.

“Hey, I figured out where we should start our travels. Figured we could start doing research so we’re ready when the time comes” Amara says, remembering the idea that had been rolling around in her head and she hopes Sina is up for it cause she has sort of already hyped herself up for it.

“Really?!” the redhead looks eager but something else in her face is slightly off. “Did you think it wouldn’t actually happen?” Amara guesses and Sina’s blush gives the answer away. “It’s not against you! It’s just… Sometimes it is easy to get caught up in the moment then have things fall through. I just didn’t want to get excited for it then have it not happen” she explains shyly.

“Hey, it’s alright. I get it” Amara pulls her in for a brief hug “You don’t have to worry though. I am fully invested in this. I even downloaded a new language app to start learning the basics of a few different languages so we can at least get directions wherever we go. It won’t be necessary right away if we go with my starting pick...New Zealand!” she reveals with a beaming grin that is instantly mirrored by Sina.

“Oh my god, that is perfect! Why didn’t I think of that? They have gorgeous scenery! Mountains, beaches, glaciers, flippin volcanoes!”

“And Hobbiton! You can’t forget Hobbiton cause you bet your ass we are visiting.” They continue on like that, making loose plans and looking up flight prices to get an idea of how expensive it might be. They both agree to backpack across the island to experience the most they possibly can without breaking the bank. Besides, backpacking is part of the adventure.