They are funny, sweet, and warm but obviously strong. Each one is so different and she finds herself fitting right in and joining in on conversations. Even without answers or any clear indication they still take action in any way they can to support the pack as a whole.

"We're a bit much, aren't we? You'll get used to it soon" Alesha jokes and bumps her shoulder playfully.

"The one that's a bit much is you, Ale, you're always the one getting the party started" A guy probably only a few years older than Amara named Kaede teases back. He has regal Japanese features and stunning Almond eyes currently lined with a subtle hint of bronze. "Someone has to!" Is Alesha's response, bringing on another bought of laughter and more teasing back and forth.

In no time at all, they manage to finish everything. Half the food is served in the huge dining room while the rest is portioned and packed to deliver to the men now patrolling around the clock. Their efficiency is incredible. I have so much to learn from them She thinks to herself.

"Thanks for helping out baby girl. You're welcome in the kitchen any time" Lauren’s voice is so motherly and Amara happily promises to help again whenever it’s needed. Saying her goodbyes, she is handed a to-go bag and sent on her way with hugs.

Despite the lively morning, Amara can feel the exhaustion blurring the edges of her mind and she needs to recharge a little after the bought of social interaction. She is normally pretty good with it but being tired makes everything just a little harder. With that in mind, she detours to the library so she can eat in peace and quiet.

Being careful to not make a mess, Amara finishes her breakfast before walking around to find another book since she finished the last one, and reading before bed is one of her favorite ways to decompress. Before she knows it, she has a small stack piled up on one of the various tables scattered around. On this last trip to the expansive shelves before leaving to drop her new picks off in her room, she spots the book she had been holding when she fell off the ladder.

Although it most likely doesn't contain anything all that interesting, she drops it onto the pile, too curious not to at least skim it. Letting her eyes drift to the antique clock, it is almost noon. She should be meeting Sina soon so there’s no more time to keep meandering.

Of course, when she goes to grab her cellphone to text Sina that she’ll be over in a few, she comes up empty-handed considering her leggings have no pockets and she didn’t even think to grab it before heading down.

Piling the books on top of the dresser back in her room, she turns and sees her phone sitting there on her nightstand, openly mocking her. She throws on her army green bomber jacket and sticks her phone in the pocket. Swinging her door open, she nearly gets a fist to the face. Standing there is Sina about to knock on her now open door. “Oops. When you didn't come around I figured I should just come to you" she explains sheepishly.

Looking around to make sure no one is around, Amara ushers the redhead through her room into the bathroom so no one passing by can hear their conversation.

Shutting the bathroom door they sit in the tub together. "You have to promise not to tell anyone"Amara looks her in the eyes so she knows it isn’t a joke.

"I promise. Secret’s safe with me" Sina holds out her pinky out and Amara interlocks it with her own, childishly sealing the promise. "There was an intruder last night and Alpha Maddox along with some of the Enforcers caught and detained him...It was a ulfhednar" her voice is barely above a whisper but she knows Sina heard her by the shock registered on the redhead's face.

"Are you serious?! I've only ever heard stories. What the heck would one be doing trespassing here? Alone at that. That's just crazy."

She's not wrong, the ulfhednar are almost like myths, boogeymen that shifters avoid talking about and hope to never encounter. They pop up from time to time but their most bloody rampages seemed to stop around the time Amara was born. There's no real information as to why they stopped which is something she had always found odd. Their last full-scale attack ended with the previous Wolf King’s death so their slow down in activity was a weird result.