𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚛𝚞𝚗𝚔 𝚂𝚕𝚞𝚝

Start from the beginning

"But if he's coming after me, and maybe you, then what can I do?" He questions her hopelessly and she shrugs, not knowing either.

Alex glances over at the table where Bryce is sat with Zach, Montgomery, Scott and a few other baseball players. "Are we even sure it's him? What if it's Zach?"

"That's crazy." Jess instantly says, shaking her head. "He's been helping you with everything."

"Then why is he still hanging around Bryce?"

That was the question. He seems to want to please everyone; his mom, Bryce, Alex. But in a situation like this, he had no luck at doing that.

"It's Bryce or someone protecting him. And Zach doesn't want the truth to come out." Clay states surely before beginning to stare at Jessica, along with Alex.

The two girls glance at each other bewildered and Jess speaks up, "Why are you guys both looking at me?"

"You can tell them what happened to you in court." Clay reveals cautiously.

"Hannah's lawyers told me that I'm just supposed to talk about the Hot or Not list and how it ended our friendship." Jess informs him, beginning to get worked up.

"But you know that's not true or it's not all that's true. And they know it."

"It's not part of the case."

"If you say it, it'll make it part of the case."

"So, I just say it?"

"Guys," Grace quickly interrupts, seeing how angry Jessica is getting at Clay's insensitivity. "Listen Jess, you don't have to, it's up to you because we know for sure that it's not going to be easy. But if you tell the truth when they ask you about your friendship, if you tell them the real reason your friendship ended with Hannah, then the truth is out."

"And this shit stops. And Bryce gets what's coming to him." Clay adds.

Jess contemplates for a second before shaking her head and standing up from her seat. "Grace, we need to get to first period." She says, beginning to start walking away before turning back around, "You know, the truth doesn't always make it right. You should know that better than anyone, Clay."

Grace stands up and follows Jess out of the cafeteria and into the halls. They don't speak, in which Grace is sure it's an awkward silence but doesn't comment on it.

She mentally groans as she sees Chloe, Bryce's current girlfriend walk up to the two of them. She doesn't really know Chloe, not enough to dislike her. If anything, she feels bad for the girl for having to put up with the school's rapist as a boyfriend.

"Hey, Jessica, Grace." She greets with an award winning smile. "You two look amazing."

"Thank you, Chloe, you do, too." Grace replies politely. She had to admit, she blonde girl was stunning and she was everything a boy could ask for; blonde, skinny, a bubbly personality and the list could go on.

"Jess, I love your hair."

Jess sighs and uncomfortably steps away when Chloe goes to touch it, "Yeah, thanks."

"Oh, that's right, you have court today." Chloe states casually. "Good luck, you'll be great. Listen about yesterday—"

"It's fine. We're good." Jess interrupts.

Grace had no idea what the two girls were currently talking about but figured they must have had an argument that caused Jess to be rude and blunt to the girl.

"Cool because we girl have to be strong together, you know? Own our own shit. Especially you, Grace, I heard about Justin."

Grace fumes silently at the mention of Justin and goes to tell her that she's currently Bryce's lap dog but refrains from doing so, knowing that the outcome will not turn out well. Everyone was aware of what happened between the two and it was making her feel uneasy, everyone giving her sympathetic smiles and gazes. She just wants this to be over.