[ V ] THE COMING WAR PT. 2

Start from the beginning

My forehead creased because of confusion. What does he mean it's my fault? "What are you saying?"

"Miren has fallen." He straightforwardly said that made me halt in my position.

It's like I have gone deaf with what he said. This feels like a nightmare, it feels unreal hearing those words from him, "Everything in Miren has fallen. Your kingdom. The people. No one survived."

My lips trembled, "S-shut up. You're only saying this because you hate me."

He chuckled sarcastically as he slowly drew his face closer to mine, "It's up to you if you don't want to believe me. But let me tell you one thing, Princess... I will never lie to you."

I clenched my fist and exhaled harshly. A tear escaped my eyes as I closed them. I swallowed hard and opened my eyes again only to see Sunghoon staring at me without a hint of compassion, "Why..." I said almost in a whisper.

"We all know Miren and Pria have a long history of rivalry. Pria has always had their eye on Miren, waiting for the best moment to strike, and just now, they unfortunately succeeded." He seriously said while examining my reaction, "And now Miren has fallen, they are aiming at Ariaden because of our ties."

I bit my lower lip. Tears keep gushing down on my face. "The Queen and King... they survived, right?"

Please tell me they do.

"No, they did not. No one survived in the palace, Ari." And with that, my knees weakened. It seems like all of my energy was taken up.

"Pria... I will kill them. I will fucking kill them." My words echoed in the entire place. A fresh swell of rage rose within me, "I will... fucking..."

My voice slowly softened. My heart raced as my chest tightened. As if the middle of my head was being dragged. The sound was too loud to the point where I cannot hear a single thing, everything was blurry and spinning until an arm captured my waist as he greeted me wearing his worried expression, "Alas..."

PARK SUNGHOON 

"Your Highness, you could've picked the right words to say!" I sneered when Alas carried Ari in a bridal style. Seeing him touch her in that way made me feel sensations I can't articulate. I want to take Ari away from him, but something's stopping me to do so. "You know the news is very sensitive for her..."

"What are you doing here? Didn't I told you to lead the knights?" I sternly said, not taking my gaze away from my fiancée. He couldn't seem to understand my words.

"Let us call the royal doctor. Her Highness doesn't seem fine."

I gritted my teeth when I heard his response. You don't have the rights to be concerned with her, Lee Heeseung.

"I will take her to the safety room myself, Alas."