That Monster's Voice

Suddenly it starts raining outside. Roohi picks up her umbrella and purse. Then she locked her apartment door and goes down stairs. Now she is standing in front of her apartment building looking at the empty street. In her mind,she is finding a place, where she can go for a escape. She has seen an ice cream stall at the opposite side of main road.

She opens up her blue umbrella and start walking . As we all know ice cream does a great job, when it comes to cheer you up. She orders a mango flavour ice cream, which was out of stock. So now she has to wait until the man come back from his shop, with a restock of mango ice cream.

Just for time pass, she is now checking a book of poems ,in a nearby bookstore . She is about to put the book back at the place where it was before,as Roohi never felt poems interesting.

Suddenly, she heard someone saying" Thank you. This is enough for today."

The man's voice is very familiar to her. Though it's been 15 years, Roohi remembers this voice very clearly. She put down the book immediately and rushed from the bookstore,forgetting about the ice cream she ordered.

She is trembling with fear. Drops of sweat is running down her face . After reaching to her apartment, she goes for washroom and opens up the tap .

She knows who's voice was it. it was that monster. That night she heard this voice. she can now almost recall what he had said that night. Roohi can hear him saying,"It's the consequence of the decision you made . I won't let you go. Your life will be miserable after this .You deserve punishment ,Roohi. You deserve it".

Roohi sit down on the floor, banging her head against the bathroom wall and starts whispering, "Let me go , Let me go........."

It's not stopping. She can still hear him .Those words are not stopping. She gets up from the floor. Rushed to her bedroom and opens her drawer for medicine. With her trembling hand, Roohi swallowed those pills but the voice of that monster is not stopping.