5.6

"no, listen, i'd snog niall," zayn says. everyone's there— in louis' apartment. and it feels so fucking great. being with all his friends again. the last time they sat like this was more than a year ago, as far as zayn can remember.

he's been here since after the grocery shopping. and as happy as zayn was about everyone else being here, he couldn't help but feel weird about atlas not being here. he said he'd be here, then why isn't he? zayn thinks it's because of the love you thing. it probably is.

"no, you wouldn't. don't you, like, see him as your brother? why would you snog your brother?" liam asks, eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"i totally would. it's— okay, look. i do consider lou and niall brothers, right? but they technically aren't. besides we've kissed way too many times for it to be weird now," zayn says, using unnecessary gestures.

"you've kissed before?" michael asks, stuffing some crisps into his mouth. he's been doing better, zayn thinks. he still flinches when someone talks a bit too loudly, or when someone raises their hands, but the bruises and sadness are mostly gone.

"uh-huh. loads of times. honestly, with how many times niall's kissed us, it's really fucking surprising he figured out he isn't straight after calum," louis says. zayn thought so, too. it's why he wasn't really surprised when niall agreed to go on a date with calum.

"i don't believe it. like, how do you just casually kiss a mate? i'd never kiss michael and i've known him since forever," luke says, shaking his head. louis rolls his eyes at the boy.

"wanna see?" niall asks, wiggling his eyebrows.

"yes," michael says, just as calum says,

"no."

"buzzkill," niall says. "i'm sorry, love of my life." zayn puts his hand over his head, and covers his face with his other arm dramatically.

"how will i ever recover from this?" he cries.

"is he really the love of your life if you won't leave calum for him?" louis accuses, squinting his eyes at niall. "i'd leave luke for you, zayn, cause i didn't lie about you being the love of my life."

"do it. we'll runaway and get married, raise two kids and a cat, and a dog. it'll be great," zayn says, nodding curtly. louis pretends to think about it for a second.

"okay, yeah, let's do it. you can be my trophy wife," he says, nodding too.

"oh, yes. that'd be great. no work for the rest of my life."

"you can now kiss the bride!" niall announces. zayn makes a kissy face at louis. louis looks up at luke with a smile, and luke shrugs. he knows it's all just bullshit. so louis gives zayn a small kiss, with an exaggerated 'mwah'. "congratulations! i'm so happy for you!"

"louis is now yours to deal with!" luke happily exclaims, pushing louis towards zayn. zayn holds opens his arms for louis and wraps them around him, once he falls into zayn's arms.

"hi there, husband," zayn says, kissing louis' cheek. louis put his hands over zayn's.

"no, stop. i want him back," luke says, pulling louis' wrist, with a pout. "zayn, c'mon."

"no. he's mine now. right, husband?" zayn looks down at louis.

"of course, lovely wife," louis says, leaning up and pressing a kiss on zayn's chin. zayn smiles happily, though his stomach feels all weird, because harry has that weird look on his face and he has something to say. zayn knows it.

"see. mine now," he says. louis squeezes zayn's hand softly, still looking up at him. zayn looks down and raises his eyebrow. louis tilts his head slightly. "hey, we're going to get drinks. you lot want something?" everyone says what they want as louis and zayn stand up. they make their way to the kitchen. "what's it?"