Chapter 17:: Meant to be a secret

Start from the beginning

"You're so strong.." You said as she smiled patting your head. 
"Taehyung helps me a lot you know. He doesn't even know what happened to me yet he helped me make breakfast though it was a mess. He also tried to help me do the laundry though it was a fail. He's a great man. Your choice is good." She said jokingly as you giggled saying, "I know, my choice is great~" 

"What are you both talking about?" Taehyung asked getting in the kitchen as Mrs Kim spoke, "What are you doing here? Go to Junho." Taehyung sighed saying, "He's mad. He's in my room playing games but won't talk to me."
"What a shameless idiot." You mumbled as Mrs Kim chuckled saying, "Friendships are just like that. He's not mad at you, I think. He's just a little annoyed because you both didn't tell him before."
"Exactly." You said as Taehung rolled his eyes walking towards you who was trying to cut the apple after insisting for almost 10 minutes. 

"Noona, you don't know how to use a knife," Taehyung said as Mrs Kim's eyes widened.
"Oh my! Did I give you the wrong permission?" She asked as you shook your head saying, "I can do it!"
"You cut your finger trying to use a knife," Taehyung said as you thinned your lips looking away. Mrs Kim looked at you before chuckling as she said, "It's okay. Give it to me. I don't want you to get a bruise. I can sense someone else whining more than you do." Mrs Kim said as you chuckled. Taehyung just looked at you both confused not understanding what you were saying.

---Time skip

"Fine.. I accept you both. But you, Lee Y/N, be nice to my best friend. And YOU, KIM TAEHYUNG, be nice to my sister." Junho said as you both looked at each other chuckling. Junho made a disgusted face saying, "Not that nice..."
"Whatever." You both said together as Mrs Kim chuckled.

4 days passed by.. and soon, it was Taehyung's exam. Every day, you both would talk on the phone and meet each other twice in 4 days. You didn't realize how time passed by when you talked at night or spent time with each other. Taehyung also focused on his studies while taking care of Mrs Kim without knowing the true reason for her unwellness. She wasn't ready to tell Taehyung about this and everyone respected her decision. Mina, Junho and Taehyung were the only ones who were clueless about her condition. 

At times, you did wonder how Taehyung would feel if he knew that you hid this from him considering how much he cared for his mom but also knew you couldn't just go and tell him. 

"Noona!!" Taehyung spoke on the phone as you spoke, "Yeah? Your exam is over, right? How was your exam?" 
"It was good.. I answered everything! But I also saw your name in the question paper."
"What? My name??"
"Yeah... Lee surname was there."
"How many people here have the surname of Lee?!"
"Many... but I only care about you."
"Woah... you're such a-"
"I know, I know. Where are you? I want to meet you."
"I'm in front of your University."
"What?! You said you wouldn't come!"
"Isn't it obvious that I lied?"
"Noona!!"
"What?"

You chuckled as you heard him whine. You were standing in front of the University gate to see Taehyung coming out. His eyes widened as he saw you, he waved at you jumping like a little kid making you chuckle. You opened your arms to hug him as he came to you hugging you. 
"Ahh! I missed you." You said as he chuckled saying, "Me too. I missed you so much."
"By the way... Taehyungah. We need to go home early today." You said as he frowned pulling away to see you looking at him a little hesitantly.
"What's wrong?" He asked as you said, "Nothing much... it's about Mrs Kim."
"What? What happened to mom?" He asked, you saw the worry in his eyes. You smiled stroking his hair and said, "You care about her a lot, don't you?"
"Of course I do..." He said smiling as you smiled back at him saying, "Let's go eat something. Noona will treat you!"
"You always say that."
"Do you even earn?"
"I will! Starting from next year."
"Then earn first, then repay me~" 

---Time skip 

"Mom?" Taehyung asked getting in his apartment as you got in behind him. He looked at the couch to see your mom and dad sitting there. Junho and Mina were bringing out luggage as Mrs Kim was sitting on the chair.
"What's wrong?" Taehyung asked as you walked behind him. Your mom and dad looked confused seeing you behind Taehyung as you mouthed, 'I'll talk to you both later.' 

"The car's here." Junho said as Taehyung frowned asking, "What's wrong?"
"Taehyungah. Let's talk." Mrs Kim said smiling at him as he looked at her confused. She walked into her room as Taehyung looked at you mouthing, 'I'll come back!' before following his mom as you smiled at him. 

--Inside the room

"Taehyungah..." Mrs Kim said as Taehyung looked at her confused.
"Mom? Are you going somewhere? Why is everyone at our house?" He asked as Mrs Kim said, "I'm actually getting admitted to the hospital." Taehyung looked at her with big eyes completely surprised and asked, "Why? For what?"
"You know how I go to the doctor every month for my hand checkup? The last time I went... the doctor said that Carpal Tunnel Syndrome... My right hand is still in better condition than my left one. And I need surgery." Mrs Kim said as Taehyung looked at her saying, "Why didn't you tell me before? You went to the doctor weeks ago. We even went to Daegu, why didn't you tell me?!"