Chapter One

--

Chapter One

I slowly opened my eyes, I can’t see anything because of the light touching my face. I extended my arms to cover the light but I saw nothing but white.

White.

I was in a never ending pathaway of nothingness.

“Where am I?” I ask myself as I roam my eyes around but I stop when I saw a figure of a girl standing a meter away from me. “Hey.” I walk closer to see her face yet I can hear her cry so hard.

“Why are you crying?” I said as I try to reach but every time I move closer she moves away. “Can I see your face?” She tilts her head but I was taken a back when her face was a complete blur. I tried staring at it long enough to make it clear but it didn’t work.

“Who are you?” I ask, I can feel that she’s a pretty lady but why is she crying?

“Please, don’t leave me.” She said between her sobs.

“Why would I leave you?” Words came out from my mouth. I may not know her but I can feel that she’s different--that she’s a part of me.

She was about to say something when she disappears like a bubble. “Woah.” I mumbled to myself and wander my eyes around to look for her but I saw nothing but white. “Where are you?” I shouted but there was nothing but pure white.

I closed my eyes as my arms cover my face from the light touching me. Again, I opened my eyes slowly as I try to see what’s happening, and when I finally make my visions clear—I saw a garden full of different flowers, there are yellow roses—my sister’s favorite. I walk towards it but I stopped when I heard someone shouted my name.

“Gino! No!” She was crying, I look back and I saw her again, I was about to say something when I was captured by the smell of the fresh air, the flowers and the relaxing flow of waters. I glance at the beautiful garden, I was about to take a step closer to the flowers when I heard her shout my name again,

“Gino!! Please!!” I stopped, I was frustrated. I blink a couple of times making things clearer, I stared at her for a minute and back to the garden. I breathe in and out and look down, I was confused.

I was standing between the lines.

* * * *

“Doc, kamusta na po ung kapatid ko?” Narinig ko ung boses ni Ate, halata talagang nag – aalala siya. Since, ganto naman lagi ang set – up naming dalawa, nagkunwari na lang ulit akong tulog. Gusto ko kasi marinig ung usapan nila.

Narinig kong bumuntong hininga si Doc, “Hija, hindi ko masasabing mabuti ang kalagayan niya pero he’s far from danger. I told you, para ko narin kayong anak ni Gino so I won’t let him suffer.” Si Dr. Castro kasi family friend namin, kababata siya ni Dadi kaya half of the hospital bills sagot niya.