Chapter 10 - I think I love u

Delia

camluvscoffee: Congrats.

Congrats! What did I expect? Why am I disappointed? Why did I think that just because it's a huge thing for me, it's a huge thing for everyone else, too?

deliagm: Thank you.

Maybe she's relieved that the whole thing is finally over. We both live our own lives again. After all, I could survive without here only a few weeks ago. So why is it so hard for me to let go?

deliagm: That's it then, I guess.

She's seen the message.

camluvscoffee: It doesn't have to be.

And again...this swarm of butterflies in my stomach. Would I feel that if she was only a somebody to me?

deliagm: I think I love u

I delete the words immediatly.

deliagm: So we're like...normal friends now?

camluvscoffe: If that's, what you want.

deliagm: No, I want you to be my girlfriend.

Of course, I don't send this.

deliagm: Sounds good :)

She goes off.

***

Cam

Camila: We have to talk about last night...or whatever.

Asra: I guess, you're right...

Camila: Are we...

Asra: A couple now?

Camila: We could give it a try.

Asra: And if it doesn't work out, we'll be friends. Like we were a few hours ago.

Camila: This is how we do it.

Asra: Wait a sec!

Camila: ??

Asra: What do you want me to call you?

Camila: Call me whatever you want

Asra: Babe's feeling too straight.

Camila: Yeah, kinda.

Asra: I guess we'll stick with Cam.

Camila: That would probably be the best idea. And what should I call you? Lovebug?

Asra: That's super cute!

Camila: Okay, lovebug ;)

***

My shif at Starbucks starts and I've never been that nervous. Not even on my first working day. It's one of the days when me and Asra work shifts together. But it's the first shift we work together as a couple.

Asra isn't here, yet. Thank god! I put on my working clothes and go to the counter.

I serve a few costumers, mainly twelve-year-olds, posing as Mrs Cullen. Congratulations, that's their first their first time watching the Twilight-movies. I used to be a Twilight-stan, too. But I watched them ten times in a row because of Alice, not because of Edward. I never understood what's so fascinating about that guy.

I feel hands running down my back. I turn around.

"Hey, bambino", Asra says.

"I thought we decided on not giving me a pet name."

"Yeah, I know...but I couldn't resist. And I kinda felt bad cause you gave me such a cute pet name."

"Bambino...what does that even mean?"

"It's the Italian equivalent of baby."

"Let me guess...you spent hours looking for a pet name for me."

"Only one. But isn't it cute? This is the word which Bambi is derived. Bambi!"

"Okay, it's cute. However, why are you wearing a beanie? It's around thirty degress outside."

They start smiling mischievously.

"Okay, what did you do?"

They take their beanie of and a blond died top fade appears. No more trace of the long braids.

I gape my mouce.

"You hate it don't you?"

"Are you kidding me? I love you!"

"What did you just say?"

"I love...oh my god."

"I love you, too."

They lift me up and kiss me, as suddenly the bell rings. They put me on the ground again. I'm ashamed. I look over at Asra, who seems suprisingly confident.

"Welcome to Starbucks. What's your order?"

Asra giggels.

"One frappuccino, please."

"Sure." I mix the frappuccino and collect the money.

"Bye!", I call.

"That was like the most embarrassing thing, that's ever happened to me", I say.

"Really? I found it totally amusing." Asra still giggles. "You should have seen you!"

I give Asra a push. "Not. Funny!"

But I have to giggle myself, which makes the whole thing seem pretty dubious.

"I hope that was just a tourist", I say.

"No, I don't think so. I've seen her here quite often", Asra says. "What about going for a walk later? Completely undisturbed."

"Okay."

***

We're sitting by the sea, watching the sunset.

"That's beautiful. The best first date I could've ever imagined", I say.

"This is the only first date I can offer you", Asra says.

"It's perfect." I kiss them.

"It's perfect because you are there."

"I never knew you were such a romantic."

"I didn't either."

I take out my phone. "I'm sorry but this needs to be noted."

I turn to the sea, kiss Asra again and take a selfie.

"A masterpiece", I say satisfied.

I post it on Instagram right away. I see a message in my newsfeed.

deliagm: I think I love u