I love you

Carina's pov

*This takes place right after Maya yelled atCarina and told her that she's not in denial
(Carina didn't left)

"I am not in denial, I am pissed!" She yelled at me. She turned her face so she wasn't looking at me anymore. I wanted to give her space. I really did. But i wanted to be there for her even more.
"Maya i know that this is a lot for you and i understand i just don't want you to push me away" I explained, trying to put my thoughts into words.
"I dont want to hear about your denial bullshit thing!" She shouted as i tried my best not cry. "I just need space." she said more calmly when she noticed the tears in my eyes.

I let her leave her office to go help with the spaghetti diner which i spent with Vic and Andy, giving Maya the space she needed.
After a couple of hours, i decided to help clean everything out and, at the end, everyone left except me and Maya. She was in her office and i decided to go check if she was ok. As soon as approached the door, i could hear little sobs.

I opened the door and, as soon as she saw me, she turned around so i couldn't see her face.
"Maya, look at me." I said softly. She still didn't turn around and then i noticed she was struggling to breathe. I repeated her name and kneeled in front of her, holding the chair so she couldn't turn around this time.
"Look at me bella. Breathe." I said softly. I exaggerated my breathing so she could copy me. Eventually, her breathing came back to a normal rythme and she started sobbing.
"Come here bambina.." I said, pulling her in to hug her.
"I...I don't want you to...to see me like this." She said between sobs. "I don't want you to think im weak."
"Bella, I would never think that. You're strongest and the bravest person i have ever known. And allowing yourself to cry is making you everything but weak do you hear me?" I said, my heart breaking a little at the thought of her father teaching her this nonsense when she was just a child.
She stopped sobbing after a few minutes and i thought she should rest a little.
"Should i get you home now?" I asked. She nodded, her head still on my shoulder. She gave me a kiss as she got up to pick her things and i took her hand as we left.

"Ti voglio bene bella" i let out as we exited the station.
"What did you say?" Maya asked smiling.
I hesitated a little then decided to just go for it. "I love you pretty girl" I whispered, kinda scared those words would freak her out.
"I love you too" She responded with the biggest smile I've ever seen on her face.

Author's notes:

I know these are really small but im gonna try to make longer ones soon.
Also i just finished this at 1 am so y'all cant come at me if its bad ;) 
Anyway let me know if you guys liked it!