"Holá cariño! I just wanted to know if- if you wanna hang out today?"

He mentally cursed himself for stuttering, he wanted to be smooth, dang it! But the girl didn't seem to mind as she let him in to her humble abode.

"Let's come to my mother's garden, I was painting there earlier."

Like hell as if she's going to let him come to her room, all her stockpiled art of him was in there!

Her mother's garden was filled with a menagerie of plants and flowers, arranged beautifully as if to convey hidden meaning, or perhaps her mother was just borderline obsessed with plants. It can be either of the two.

"I was kind of hoping that one of the magical Madrigals would miraculously come and visit me."

Speed walking to her painting, she took the canvas from the easel it was formerly resting upon and gave it to Camilo. Once again he was at awe at her work, it was a painting of Camilo's parents in a field of sunflowers, with his mother even holding a few. Their faces filled with mirth as a beautiful rainbow formed above his mother's head. As he was enamored by the painting, his eyes caught sight of a little message on the bottom corner of the canvas,

'May your hearts be filled with mirth and love, just like these flowers that bloom on this sunny field.' - With love, (Y/N).

His parents would be elated to see this, he could imagine the utter joy on his mother's face when she sees this. It'd be a wonderful sunny day for a few days when they see this painting she made, Camilo would also like to have something similar to this hung on his bedroom wall.

"Gracias, mi Mamá would absolutely love this!"

"I'm glad, it was cloudy for a few days and I couldn't help but worry for Señora Pepa, she must've been feeling down lately and I hope this would make her feel a little better."

His heart warmed at the thought of her being worried for his beloved mother's emotional well being, his Mamá is his number one after all. Could she be anymore perfect? Camilo wonders. She's kind and patient, understanding and talented, and so much more! At this point Camilo feels far too inadequate to even stand beside her, more less to even try to court her.

"Then I'll go back to the Casita and give this to Mamá then, see ya!" He said in a hurry, a valiant attempt to forget about the blooming insecurity that started to grow in the pit of his stomach, and before the girl was even able to retaliate, he ran off straight out of the door with her hands slightly reaching out to his direction.

"I... I thought we were supposed to hang out today..." She muttered softly, her hand now placed on the chest as a sudden unfamiliar feeling had appeared. And this time, it was unbearable— uncomfortable. She was used to being alone in the house, and barely making friends in town, she was used to be alone, but never once had she felt lonely. Not until she met Camilo. Being with him was like the coffee she drinks every day, downright addicting— mood souring if suddenly deprived of it.

She didn't expect that loneliness was supposed to hurt.

The moment he took a single step inside the Casita, painting secured around his arms, he was greeted with an unimpressed Dolores. Her arms crossed as her eyes bore through his being, silently judging her brother. He was certain that she definitely heard the way he just not so smoothly excused himself just to run away from her.

"You left her hanging there."

I know. He said to himself, walking away from his sister, lips pressed into a thin line as he knew it's wrong to just run away from his friend so suddenly.