'One moment you are as calm as tranquil waters, the next moment a huge wave of undescribable emotion came coursing through within you like a huge tsunami.'

Her eyes fluttered to a close, heart beating fast, an unfamiliar heat spread through her face. His face, it was all she could see when she closed her eyes. She feels like she's going to puke from all the emotions swirling within her, it was too much for her poor heart.

"You okay there?"

Speak of the devil.

She looked up to see Camilo in all his glory, his eyes swirled in concern when he saw her crouched down in a secluded area. If not for her visibly shaking like a little leaf, he would have thought she just found something interesting on the ground. It was quite difficult to discern what she's feeling when she doesn't show not even an ounce of emotion.

"I... I don't feel okay..." She spoke quietly, hands tightly clenched on her arms; she trying to keep herself together, her mind together. It's such an unfamiliar feeling that it terrifies her to the core, humans are afraid at what they could not understand after all.

"Why aren't you feeling okay?" Camilo asked her, his voice soft and comforting— the kind of voice he uses when he tries to calm his Mamí down, the one he uses when he's out babysitting children.

Why am I not okay?

"I... I don't know, I don't understand what I'm feeling and it terrifies me. One moment I feel fine, the next moment I could feel my chest tighten up and makes it hard to breathe— my stomach churning like... Like it's doing gymnastics or something." She told him, her usual eloquence had gone and has been thrown out the window.

Camilo could relate to what she's feeling, he isn't dumb, he knew what he's—or rather, what the both of them are feeling. He just refuses to believe it. It's the first sign of a budding crush, his hermana told him.

"(Y/N) I think that-"

"I think that I'm terminally ill."

Excuse me, what?

"Mamí look! Señor Camilo followed hermana!"

Her eyes followed the yellow poncho wearing boy as he walked to where her daughter went. Ohohoho~, her mind went cheering for the teen as they discreetly observed from afar. Whilst they walk around the marketplace she suddenly bumped into something, a loud grunt and a sound of a clay potted plant hitting someone made her look to her husband immediately.

"Mi Amor! Lo siento, lo siento, I wasn't looking where I was going!" She exclaimed, rushing to his side as she checked him for any injuries. Oh my, they might need to go to Julietta for some food. Spying her precious hija can wait for a bit.

Her husband was right, something bad did happen. He should've stayed at home, in the bed, all nice and cozy, but no, he decided to buy ingredients to make lunch while his wife and son play their little spy game. At least he'd have a free arepa from Julietta.

"No, (Y/N). You are not terminally ill, what you're feeling is—"

"But this is the first time that I've felt this, and I feel like puking, puking isn't normal, so does the sudden urge to punch someone."

She has the sudden urge to what now?

Camilo tries to restrain his laughter at the girl's nonsense, he took a deep breath and held both of (Y/N) shoulders as to snap her out of her nonsensical rambling. His face merely inches away from her to make her focus on him, and him only.

"(Y/N), listen to me, you're in love."

In love?

Never in her life did she ever think that she had the capacity to fall in love. Never in her life did she think that she, in all her emotionless glory could ever experience or feel love outside of her familial circle. The realization that had dawned upon her like an opened dam, a wave of mental exhaustion came rushing in on her.

Without thinking, she rested her head on Camilo's shoulder, his words circled her brain yet she still refuse to believe it.

"I didn't know I was capable to fall in love.." she muttered softly, face burying on the crook of Camilo's neck as to calm the warmth she feels on her face.

Heat spread through Camilo's face when she rested her head on his shoulder, she smelt like the nice scent of freshly brewed coffee— it filled his lungs satisfactorily like nicotine, it was almost addicting.

"Dios mio, are they hugging? Niko, hijo, are they hugging?"

"I don't know Mamí, I have a body of a five year old. I'm small."

"Damn."

The two conversed as they munch on an arepa they secretly took from Julietta while she was busy healing their Papí. What? It was delicious! How can they not steal one, it's basically just sitting there begging to be stolen and eaten.

"Are you two done? I wanna go home.."

"Just a moment, Mi corazon, I wanna see how this goes."

"

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.