.1. flowers in your hair

I was raised on a farm, it wasn't a mansion, but I liked it just fine. There was plenty of space for me and my dog, a Rottweiler named Tobey, to run around and play together when we were both young. Me and Tobey still love to run around now, although he is getting old.

The vet says he still has plenty of years left, though, so I'm not worried. Tobey is hanging on just fine, anyway. He still gets plenty of exercise, eats all of his food, gets plenty of rest, etc. I'm not worried.

Today is Sunday, and every Sunday, me and Tobey have a sister-brother day. I bring Tobey to get groomed (this happens once a month or so), we go to the local pet shop for a new toy, and then we head to the local dog park. A lot of the dogs at the park tend to ignore the playsets, but Tobey adores them. He cries when I tell him that it's getting dark and that we should be getting home.

Today is unlike any Sunday. I wake up at 8:35 am, brushed my hair, get dressed, etc, and make sure Tobey is ready to go.

I walk downstairs and see him sitting on the sofa with my mother, who is drinking tea while reading the newspaper. My mom loves to have some sort of old feeling in the house, so she rarely watches TV. Ever since it was invented only 5 years ago, she's called it stupid, saying we don't need one. My father bought one regardless, and he loves it.

Tobey notices me and jumps up from the couch, wagging his tail as he jumps at me. I grin as I pet him. "Are you ready to go?"

He pants in response as he wags his tail while I grab his leash. I put his collar around his neck and attach the leash to it, opening the door.

---

When we arrive at the dog park, I let Tobey off his leash and he runs around, playing on all the different sets. He looks so happy. It's like the rest of the world has faded away from him and it's just him and the random dog playsets at the dog

I watch him for a few minutes until I feel a tap on my shoulder. I spin around suddenly, startled by the feeling. I see a brown-haired boy standing in front of me, honey brown eyes staring into my soul. There are flowers in his hair. They're tucked behind his ear, twisted into a couple of strands, and some have fallen out onto his shoulders.

"Hello," he says, completely ignoring my reaction to his uncalled for beauty. "Is that your dog?" He asks, glancing over at Tobey, who is chasing his tail.

"Oh, yeah. That's Tobey," I say, looking over at Tobey.

"He's very cute," he commented.

"I know, right?" I whistle slightly so Tobey comes over our way. He stops chasing his tail abruptly and trots over to us, wagging his tail when he sees the boy with flowers in his hair.

"Tobey, this is..." I don't know his name. "What's your name?" I ask flower boy.

"James," he says, smiling as he crouches to let Tobey sniff him.

"Tobey, this is James," I tell Tobey. "James, this is Tobey," I say to James.

"Well hello there, Tobey," James giggles as Tobey licks his face. James proceeds to rub Tobey's head in response.

I watch the two as they enjoy each other's company. "It's a pleasure to meet you, James," I say suddenly.

"You too, girl I met at the dog park."

"Betty," I tell him.

"You too, Betty," he grins.

"So, where's your dog?" I ask him, looking around the empty dog park.

"Oh, I don't have one. I come here because it's peaceful. I normally come on Wednesdays when no one else is here, but I decided to come today for some reason. I wasn't expecting someone to be here, but I'm not disappointed. You're very pretty, by the way," he blushes, stretching his neck.

I blush as well as I smile. "Thank you," I mutter through a smile. "Why are there flowers in your hair?" I ask him after a moment.

"Oh, I just find it fun to twist them into my hair. The purple lilacs also compliment my eyes."

"I agree," I blurt out.

"Where are you going to school in the fall?" He asks me, ignoring me.

"You know the boarding school not too far away? And by not too far away I mean 3 hours by train?"

"Stop."

"What?" I question, confused.

"The one east?"

I nod.

"I'm going there too!"

"Really?" I say, grinning.

"Yes! I guess I've already made a friend already," he smiles. I notice how his eyes crinkle a bit when he smiles, making his eyes even more noticeable. He's breathtaking, really.

"Write down your home phone number," I say, holding out my arm and a pen I had in my pocket.

"Alright," he says, taking the pen from my hand. He places one hand on my arm to keep it steady as he begins to write with his left hand his home phone number. The cap of the pen is in his mouth. Normally I would hate that, but he looks so attractive like that. His hair flops slightly forward as he angles his head so he can see where he's writing. A flower falls out on to my arm. He pauses momentarily and blows it off gently. Chills pulse through my body.

He finishes writing his number and smiles, taking the cap out of his mouth and places it back on the pen, handing it to me. I place it back in my bag and look at my arm. His number is written in huge, neat handwriting.

"Thank you," I say.

"No problem," he smiles. "Now, I must get going, but, give me a call in about an hour or so."

"Bye...talk to you later," I say as he walks away. I finally get a good look at what he's wearing: flare jeans, Doc Martens, and a Freddie Mercury shirt. He's gorgeous from all sides.

I turn back to Tobey, who is sitting at my feet. "Are you ready to go?" I ask, scratching the top of his head. He stands up in response.

"Let's go, Tobey."

Summer Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें