Chapter 31 || Y/n's POV

Aiura and I arrived at the park. I took a seat on an open swing and gazed at the setting sun, regrettably recalling the most recent situation with Kusuo. I shook my head as if to rid of it. Turning to Aiura, I saw her uncharacteristically fidget with her fingers. She seemed nervous instead of the usual perky gal she was.

"Are you going to explain?" I asked, brushing a strand of hair out of my face. Seeing her close up ignited a tornado of emotions inside me. I wanted to hope that everything was a misconception, that what I'd seen in my premonition wasn't real. The Aiura in front of me barely looked different from that night. She seemed to wear a slight frown, furrowed eyebrows and her usual gyaru makeup. Was she guilty? For a year I've assumed so, but the genuineness she displayed couldn't be ignored especially considering her usual character.

"Yes," she answered finally. Her eyes stared at the wood chips at our feet while she chewed on her cheek. "I'm just... processing information."

"What really happened that night?"

Aiura sighed. "Before we get into that, let me ask you some questions about the Teruhashi girl. She's got relevance to this, I swear."

"Yeah? She's confronted me about my powers and given name which means she's aware. How can you explain that you never leaked information when she somehow knows?"

"Okay, yes. I am partly at fault however not in the way you think. Did she ever specify your powers? And how did she threaten you?"

"Teruhashi never said anything specific about them. She just called me something like a freak of nature. She told me to stay away from Kusuo or I'd be exposed."

Aiura looked up at me, her eyes sparkling with the reflection of the sunset. I saw genuine sincerity and honesty. "She doesn't know your real powers, Y/n. there's no way she could."

"Then how did she know my past name?"

"Does she happen to have any siblings?"

"Hm? what does that have to do with anything?"

"Just- is she related to anyone? A male around her age?"

Now that I thought about it, I recalled a conversation with Kusuo about her obsessive, perverted brother. that's why he tolerated her. She must have a rough home life. I guess that does somewhat explain her bitchy attitude.

"Yeah, I think. A brother." I watched her face light up. Her eyes darted around and a familiar smile donned her face.

"It was her brother. I knew I recognized those cold, perfect blue eyes. I mean seriously, there's no way any eyes could be as perfect as theirs. Like that shade of blue? Completely unrealistic. I knew it. I felt the vibes. They were off-"

"Aiura."

"I'm sorry. Look, I'm not sure how, but they caught on to you one night. The event you dreamt of me and the man exchanging a brief case, that was him. Teruhashi had threatened me with kidnapping the both of us to be experimented in some lab if I didn't reveal your information."

"Okay, so it was Kokomi's brother. What else is the relevance? What even was his reason?" My heart skipped a beat at the mention of revealing my information. Sure that situation might have been scary, but why not call the police? I mean, there should have been cameras in her booth. Then again, I wasn't quite sure what her business was... Sketchy, if you ask me.

"You remember my stories about special auras I've encountered. Teruhashi, the beautiful girl? She had the special aura. It was the brightest, prettiest I'd seen back when I was in primary school. Of course, being the noob psychic I was, I told everyone. I bragged on her, while never even coming to close to her. While she was gorgeous, I knew she was deadly. Those blue eyes-"