Chapter 9 || Y/n's POV

"You're hired!"

I let out a breath, anxiety dissolving into excitement. My heart beat increased and I almost jumped up in the air. This was my dream job. Discounts on sweets, decent pay... it was perfect. What could be better than coffee jelly while serving the few customers naturally free of Karens? This would be a dream job. Not too far from school, so it was convenient. Well, at least I thought so.

"What's your size?" The manager asked. I told him. I wondered what the uniforms looked like. He went in the back and came out with... a ruffled dress?

Oh no. Oh God no.

It was a maid uniform.

"W-what?" I blurted, swallowing a dry gulp. This couldn't be. He nodded and gave it to me, grinning.

"You'll start Monday, " he said. My eye twitched. I exited the store with embarrassment painted on my cheeks. I couldn't believe I would have to wear this stupid uniform. Since when had they had this rule? I didn't recall the waitress having on a maid dress... then again, the pink haired freak had distracted me.

The boys had been a little too supportive of me being a job... had they known? Even Saiki was pushy. Wow- why was I not surprised. That was boys for you.

"Hey, Cutie," said a voice. I looked up to see a purple haired fuckboy leaning against a corner store wall.

"What's your name, Sugar?"

Not Sugar nor Cutie. I turned around before I could become a part of the 97%. He followed, stammering pleads.

"W-wait- I'm not a creep, I swear." I turned around to face him. His eyeline said different. I snapped to draw his attention back to my face, not my chest.

"Yeah, right. Leave me alone."

"Sorry," the pervert said, reaching a hand back to rub the back of his neck. "I'm Toritsuka Reita."

 And I didn't ask. I didn't want to answer, but I did reluctantly. "I'm Y/n," I said carefully. His eyebrows rose. "Wait, you're the new girl from PK Academy, right?"

"Well, new a few weeks ago. Why?"

"Oh! You're Saiki's friend, right?"

"No." I turned around and started walking but he called after me again.

"Are you sure? Didn't I see you sneak out with him at lunch?" I stayed quiet. "Ohhh, you're not friends. You're dating," he continued.

"That makes a lot more sen-"

"Absolutely not," I cut him off. First off, we hung out for like 3 days. A week? I don't know and it wasn't important. Second off, I would never date anybody here, much less a pink haired know-it-all freak.

"Well, in that case," said Toritsuka. "Why not be my girlfriend?" He smirked, leaning in and reaching a hand to touch my face.

"Absolutely not." I repeated, backing up. His face glossed over for a hot second.

"Come on baby, I'll treat you right," he said suddenly, his posture straightening. His hair seemed to curl a bit. That was weird... it was almost like he became a whole different person.

"Good grief," said a familiar voice. I sensed a warm chest behind me. "Get the hell out of here, Toritsuka."

I turned around to see Saiki. He looked at me and then stepped in front. His sleeve brushed my forearm.

"Leave her alone," he pressed. Toritsuka's eyes glistened and widened. He looked like a sad puppy.

"But-" he started. Saiki laid a hand on his shoulder. The perv winced and then turned and ran away.