Chapter 1: Not Exactly A Disney Fan

"Cinderella!"

I groaned inwardly and cursed the stupid Disney princess for sitting near the cinders. Was she not happy with just Ella?

My sister Aurora banged open my bedroom door with a wicked glint in her eyes.

"Mom says last one down gets to do the dishes for the whole week!" She exclaimed.
That made me sit up in bed instantly. How I hated Mondays.

Wouldn't it be cooler if school started on Tuesday?

House chores were not my favorite type of pastime. It was more like pranking my sisters and disturbing my dad until he went berserk.

"But guess what Belle is not up yet as well so you might just be lucky," she said winking at me and I grinned back as she left me room.

As you might have guessed my parents had a weird sense of humor and decided to name their three daughters by the popular Disney princess.
Thank the lord up there they didn't have a son who would have had to go around with the name of Aladdin.

My eldest sister Belle Fortune who was an year older than me is the typical high school Queen Bee. No she wasn't mean. I will personally destroy the person who ever thought of saying that my sister was mean.

Yes, she has a great fashion sense and was also the head cheerleader but that's because she was good at gymnastics.

My youngest sister who was a year my junior was Aurora Fortune. You know those romantic chick flicks you watch where u see the main character crying about everything? Yes! Well my sister can beat them all. She is the wall flower and baby of the family whom everyone adores. Yes even me!
She is absolutely gorgeous, gifted and smart.

I was the boring old middle child.
Oh the perks of being the middle child.

My name is Cinderella and I am nothing like the Disney princess because firstly I am a brunette. Secondly I am not some weakling who lets ugly people order her around and thirdly because I am just awesome.

Yes, I totally despise the princess. Well,it wasn't the case when I was younger. It had made me feel like a real princess back then not until I reached middle school where I realized that the name wasn't cool at all.

People had called me 'rags' and whatnot. Since then I had made it a rule that no one shall call me Cinderella but I will go around by my surname, Fortune.

But with my sisters it had fallen on deaf ears. My dad had just laughed about it and my mother seemed horrified by the prospect. But this was only at home.

At school everyone called me Ella or Fortune. Even the teachers finally realized that I wouldn't respond if they called me Cinderella and finally resorted to my surname only.

All except one person. Just thinking about him made my blood turn cold and freeze.

Antonio Stevens.

My polar opposite. Now don't get me wrong here. It wasn't like something dramatic happened between us that we couldn't talk to each other anymore and made it our life's aim that we shall destroy each other.
Blah... Blah... Blah...

It was more around the lines of. 'I don't think I like you. Period.'

There wasn't a single thing we agreed on.

Nope not a single! And since he was the student body president he was way superior than me.
But as if that would stop me.

I had played a number of pranks and tricks on him but he never fell for it. Never I tell you and that made me despise him more.

It was a well known fact around school that Cinderella Fortune did not get along with Antonio Stevens.

Hell! Even the teachers knew not to put us together in the same group for project. He hated me and I hated him.

And the most surprising thing was people voted for us as the cutest couple in school.

Huh! Fools.

"Ella! Everyone's down already which mean you'll be doing the dishes for the whole week," came my mothers voice bringing me back to reality.

I sighed dramatically and replied,
"But I have to go to the ball. Every eligible maiden is invited".

A series of laughter followed my reply making me smile in happiness.

I loved my family!

Disney stories sucked.

•~•~•~•~•

COMVOTOLLOW

©ChronoleaSummers 2015