(Request) I Bet You Think About Me- James

Requested by: muffinnwolfhard

Request: Hi I want to make a request for your Marauders imagines books. James Potter x Slytherin reader. Based on I Bet You Think About Me by Taylor Swift. Basically it's from the reader's pov. They broke up and she's like having a flashback.

Song used: "I Bet You Think About Me" by Taylor Swift

A.N:  One request left!

**Requests are closed**

------------

3 a.m. and I'm still awake, I'll bet you're just fine
Fast asleep in your city that's better than mine.

Since the break up, it's not been the same. You've not been the same. Your common room feels worse to you to be in now. Regardless to the fact it's never been the most warmest nor coziest of common rooms, it being situated in the dungeons, it felt colder and more dull then usual. It was darker. The cool greens and greys of the walls blending into nothingness. You barely register that the walls even have colour nowdays.

And sleeping at night was worse. Your thoughts keeping you up. Most nights you found yourself being wide awake until the early hours of the mornings thinking about what could have been.

James never has this problem, you suspect. Being all the way over in the cozy confinds of the Gryffindor common room. You wonder what it's like to have such coziness. To be surrounded by warmer tones that constantly gave the tower a welcoming atmosphere. The polar opposite to your common room.

You were sick with envy. You really were. Envy at the thought of James being able to fall asleep without worry. And to be able to do so in a much warmer and inviting place.

And the girl in your bed has a fine pedigree

Lily Evans. James' current girlfriend. You rolled your eyes at the mere thought of her. It wasn't that you hated her per say- or maybe you did- but with her being a Gryffindor much like James, albeit a muggleborn, you were positive she has a less problamtic and more friendlier family. The very contrast to your own family. Slytherin Purebloods. It wasn't that you hated your family either, but they weren't always the most likeable of people. That you knew first hand. Not only that, everyone is convinced your family supports the ideals of Lord Voldemort. They don't but rumours spread and now that's all people want to believe.

And I'll bet your friends tell you she's better than me, huh

You hear it where ever you go now. Down the corridors, in the Hall, during class. The constant comparisons. You being compared to someone you're not, to someone you'll never be. Lily. You couldn't walk anywhere now without one of James' friends, the Marauder, making a passing comment at how much better Lily is then you.