First Date

You and Luisa decided to go out tonight. You put on a pretty dress and a little makeup for the occasion. You had bought the dress about a year ago from Karina and Angelica Lopez's shop. It was so beautiful, a soft peach color with light green detailing and lots of frills. It had always been very special to you, you hardly wore it because you wanted to keep it nice. It was even more special to you now because it was from their shop. They had been so warm and kind since you and Luisa went public, it meant so much.

You loved being able to be seen with Luisa. It was the best part of going public with your relationship. You were going to go on a walk and shop around at the night market. You had loved the night market since you were little so you were excited to share it with Luisa tonight. Admittedly, you were a little dressed up for the occasion, but for Luisa it was worth it.

When Luisa arrived, she was dressed up too. She had her hair down and she was wearing a deep blue dress. She had a flower in her hair, you knew that meant Isa helped her get ready.

"You look stunning" She blurted before you could even say hello.

You smiled wide, giving her a little swish of your dress. "Thank you"

"Of course Mi amor" She kissed you on the cheek. "Are you ready to go?"

You nodded. You closed the door behind you. She stuck out her hand to you, you took it.

The evening air was perfect for a walk like this. And of course, Luisa made it even better. She was like medicine, soothing every worry and wound that could ever occur.

You turned to her, stoping her dead in her tracks. Your chests were so close you could feel the heat radiating off her skin. There was something so special about this moment, but you couldn't quite tell what. It took you a moment before you realized.

"Is this our first date?" You asked,  you hadn't really been able to go on actual dates until recently. It has been so hectic that this was your first chance to do something that wasn't absolutely secret.

Luisa huffed a laugh "I guess it is" She kissed your nose and smiled.

"Well I think it's going really good" You whispered. Her mouth was lingering near yours.

"Yeah" She whispered. She kissed you. There was a warm buzzing feeling between you both. You were smiling big and dumbfounded, you were absolutely infatuated with her.

Sharing the night market with Luisa was such a joy. Surprisingly, she had hardly been. You got to give her the lay of the land, show her the food stalls and crafting booths. The chaotic nature of the market was so comforting. There was music playing, children running underfoot, and families laughing together. There were so many beautiful things for sale, paintings, jewelry, knitwear, soaps and toys.

Your favorite was always the stationary, you loved all of the pretty handmade papers and leather bound notebooks. Luisa bought you a little green notebook, it had a leather strap around it to secure it. You tried to tell her you didn't need it but she didn't listen. It was very sweet of her.

Luisa bought a little spinning top at a stand selling wooden toys.

"A Top?" you asked as you left the booth.

"For Antonio" She said.

"That's so cute"

You headed down to the section of the market selling jewelry. There were so many stalls selling beautiful necklaces and earrings and rings. Luisa was enchanted by anything purple and sparkly. She pointed out a handful of different things to you. You had to store that away for later.

The Lopez's had a stall, they were selling hair bows and bags.

"Hola" you said as you entered their booth. Both of them were sitting behind a table, Karina working on something financial, counting money and writing in a little book, Angelica was sewing lace onto a pair of little gloves. They both perked up when they saw you.

"Hola Y/N! Hola Luisa!" Angelica beamed. She was far more quiet than her wife so her greeting was very sweet.

"I love that dress, Y/N" Karina said with a smirk

You all laughed

"I got it from the best" You said with a swish of the skirt.

"How are you girls doing tonight?" Karina asked.

"Great!" You smiled. Luisa nodded in agreement.

"Are people still being weird?" Angelica asked.

Luisa nodded big. "Oh yeah. Lots of weird looks."

Karina took Angelica's hand. "That sounds about right. We went through it too."

Luisa took a step behind you, she wrapped her arms around you, like she was protecting you.

"I just can't wait for it to die down" Luisa said.

"It will, I promise" Angelica said, she clutched her chest. "Right now is the hardest part"

You nodded. "Thank you for being here for us"

"We always are" Karina said. Angelica nodded in agreement.

"Thank you" Luisa said.

"Have a good night girls" Karina said

"You too" You smiled.

As you left the booth Luisa held your hand extra tight.

"Are you hungry?" She asked.

"Yeah."

You both bought food you wanted the other to try. You got empanadas from your favorite stall, Luisa got Picada, her plate overflowing with meat, corn, plantain and potatoes. You shared food, giggling and telling each other stories. You were so full and happy.

"Do you wanna dance?" Luisa asked. There was a band playing slow songs and a few older couples were dancing in front of the stage set up for the band. You nodded. Luisa stood and stretched her hand out to you, helping you stand. You walked over to the dance floor together, the other couples were not so subtly eyeing you.

Your fingers interlocked with Luisa's, her other hand rested on your back, and yours on her shoulder. You rested your head on her chest, slowly swaying to the music.

It seemed like the dance floor populated quickly when you and Luisa started dancing. People surrounded you, you tried to ignore it. Luisa was most important right now.

"I love you" you whispered.

She kissed the top of your head. "I love you"