Cyborg prince : Spade

So I thought on how I was deeply demotivated when it comes to writing. And you know, thought a little bit of feedback on a short draft could boost it I guess.

So I hope you guys wouldn't mind if you read this short chapter (it's about 1,200 words long)  and comment your thoughts on it.

This is to anyone who applied on this review book and anyone who comments gets their review out first I suppose. (Everyone's review will be out still but some might take longer)

It was strangely warmer in the casket.  The frosting flakes crawling slowly on the glass spoke lies to Julienne's face. It was definitely not cold enough to do that.

Despite those flakes, he couldn't air visibly escape his mouth as he breath nor did he see any sign of his body shivering or his eyes constantly watering.

A casket made to be the coldest of cold being warmer when it shouldn't meant one thing. Something was going on outside.

Julienne inched around the tiny glass box, searching for a specific grey handle with his finger tips. The stinging cold becoming his signifier.

He turned the handle and the 'cold' air was released to an almost equally arctic room of marble and white metal, also known as the surgery room.

But the bright white tones of the room wasn't enough to light up the room. It remained dim and somewhat empty. The silence only welcomed the hiss from the casket and Julienne's slow breathing.

Julienne's discomfort of his barefeet grazing the painfully frigid floors didn't stop him from walking to the flickering light on the monitor.

A scientist and a doctor was supposed to be standing in front of those monitors. They were supposed to make sure the casket remained cold enough to keep him asleep.

They were supposed to be finishing the surgery.

But that wasn't case here.

Julienne scanned the control board, partially distroyed. Intentionally, clearly. It being almost broken in half would never happened on an accidental incident.

He hovered over a glitching lever, phasing in and out if visibility, and pulled it downward.

A flurry of numbers and symbols scattered across the room, floating aimlessly, hitting ceilings, glass walls and an Equa sphere. Placed right at the center of it all.

Julienne walked over to it and placed both hands on each side. Proceeding his process, giving it a twist to the right and then to the center to activate.

The sphere grew bigger for his comfort and the symbols glowed brighter for convenience. It was all familiar to the brunette, the downward strokes of the Ů symbols and the sharp turns of the Ğ symbols proved this was a basic equation.

¤《ŇŻÅƏĞŮŁ》¤

¤《ŁŮŇĞÅƏŻ》¤

¤《ŻÅĞƏŇŮŁ》¤

The arrangement of the letters gathered the numbers from the room, none were familiar. Not one he knew even a little knowledge about.

Yet his hands were already solving and piecing it together, working accordingly, each slide and pair looked sure. His consciousness knew he never encountered this equation but his mind was secure on every decision he made.

Eventually, the sphere paused. The Equation was done. And Julienne sat exhausted on the casket. Hours passed of him simply waiting and staring at the lifeless sphere.

Would there be someone to come help him? Was the sphere calling for someone? Or did he accidentally cause a life threatening disaster that is happening outside these walls?

Julienne didn't know, although the third option he hoped wasn't the case.

The silence of the empty room lead him to question his situation. Why was he in the casket in the first place?

The last he remembered he was told to simply go in there, The Doctor told him it was the final part of his surgery yet that felt ages ago.

The surgery room didn't look the same as when he went in and he also went in with clothing. That changed too.

Julienne got up again to search for clothing and found a tatered coat, hanging on the ceiling by a thin wire. He didn't question how it got there, it was clothing and that's all he needed to know.

Hours went on some more, the loneliness was kicking in. The brunette boy pranced around the cube room, danced around the sphere, and sang in the casket.

Not noticing the tiny detail that changed him, the reason why he was there.

"You know, you look funny." He suddenly said to the sphere right in front of him. "Your symbols aren't the same as the ones I saw in schools. Not that I saw a lot of them." He added, rambling on about spheres.

His voice bounced around the room, creating a strange ting to his ears but he didn't mind. His voice was clearer in silence and he thought it sounded smooth.

"I had this friend, I think his name was Ant, and he had those wrird colored eye things where they were two different colors." He told the sphere, "But he got them changed and now he has black ones, or was it green ones. When are they coming to help me anyway."

He got up again from the casket and poked the sphere, "I thought you called them or something. I did all the solving for nothjng if you didn't." He paused waiting for the sphere to respond.

"Stupid ball." He said as He tried to kick it's pillar, "Ow! Mean pillar."

Suddenly, the lights came back, the doors, both behind him and before him, slid up with a hiss. And monitors began to start up and the casket shut itself.

He turned around, consciously wrapping the coat around his naked body, and faced a man with a matching coat-- only he clothes underneath it-- who stood stunned by the door.

"You." He croaked, walking slowly towards him, "Did you- did you solve it?" He asked, the closer he got the more Julienne realized how smaller he was compared to him. The man arched his head upward to face him in the eye.

"Solve what?" He asked him, his tone clearly dumbfounded at the situation.

The man turned to the sphere and waved his arms frantically.

"This!" He exclaimed before tucking his wild long hair behind his ears, "No one has solved it since Genie and Clover made Ethratech." He stated.

Julienne scratched his head, he's heard of Ethratech. Apparently, Genie was a long distant relative of his. According to his parents anyway.

But to say this hasn't been solved for years? Impossible. Julienne wanted to laugh, the numbers were unfamiliar yes but the pattern and the formula used was mostly basic ones.

Julienne didn't notice the man was silent and was staring at his state.

"Why are you here anyway? What's your name and number." He asked, pulling out his board and pen.

Julienne looked down on the black marble bracelet resting on his wrist, A23, was etched on it in silver.

"Julienne Spade, number A23." He answered, the man logged it in and nodded.

"You're supposed to be Doc Leopin's patient. Come on, let's get you some clothes while I call some help." He said ushering Julienne outside the door, turning off the lights behind them.

A monitor, however, remained turned on, playing a distorted video of what truly happened in that room.

A bird of glass talons thrashed into the room, causing panic to the doctors and scientists inside. The bird knocked down the casket, opening the door and tore the coat off Julienne, nipping it into shreds.

The doctor with bright blue hair ran to the bird with a machine in hand, only he was too late and the bird caught him by a coat. Letting out a cry, the bird emitted a bright purple light and when the light disipitated

The coat hung on the ceiling and the bird launched to the camera, breaking it apart.