buckys pov

i was sent by fury at like 4 to look at this strange energy source coming from the woods. i wasnt even meant to do the mission but since i was in the kitchen when fury so happened to walk by he decided i do it. i rolled my eyes at him but got ready. sitting on a roof i see a  faint blue glow coming from the woods. just my luck it begins to rain i jump down landing perfectly and i wait under a roof. there was rustling in the woods and my attention is drawn to a small figure coming out holding something wrapped in a jacket. they look cautious but continue their way. following them they make several turns making sure no one knows their real destination. smart. they dash to the right so i cut of to the right a building early hoping to find them on the next road but there not there. i look into the alley they went into and saw there was no trace of them. i look around for anything until i see a head poking over the edge of a nearby roof. white hair illuminated in the moon light

'i just want to talk!' i yell up at them 

'not happening' they yell back jumping over the gap between the two buildings. by the time i got to the roof they were gone. i sigh and make my way back. 

'so?' fury asks spinning around on a chair. 

'girl, young, white hair, purple eyes' 

'you think she was the cause of the energy. an enhanced?' fury questions with an eyebrow raised

'she was the only one around and fled when they saw me' 

'and where is she now' the director asks standing up. 

'somewhere' i saw walking off 

'thats not an answer barnes' fury says i give him an amusing salute and leave to my room. i hear him leave just as i open my door. 

y/n pov

once i leave the winter soldier behind i sneak back into my room and sit on my bed. i had an hour and a half until i had to get up for school so i dry off padfoot. and hang up the rest of my clothes do dry near the heater. i lay back on bed and my door slowly opens. i pull the blanket over myself considering i was only in a bra and underwear. scared of who it could be but i relax when it was just Casey. 

'so this is were he put u' she says coming to sit on my bed. 

'yeah,' i saw her looking around at the place. i actually kinda liked it it was quiet. 

'did u go out again' casey askes when her gaze fell to my drenched clothes.

'no?' i say very unconvincingly

'where do you even go or do when your out' she asks me. ive known casey since we were 7 she knows alot about me but never figured out why i snuck out most nights i sigh 

'nothing bad. i just walk around the streets sometimes grab food you know how it is here, its just when i feel most alive' casey nods and leans her head against the wall. 

casey commonly got nightmares in the night thats why i never question her when shes up at the late hours i am. her dad murdered her siblings in front of her when she was 5. and she had to watch as he abused her mother until she was 7 and was moved here where she met me. 

suddenly padfoot meows. perfect timing. i pull him out of the covers and the blanket falls off my torso. 

'y/n?!' casey asks 

'what padfoot, i found him earlier today' 

'no your stomach' i tilt my head and look down. i was decently toned no one ever realised since i only wore baggy clothes. i wasnt even trying to get muscle i was just bored one day and decided to do some sit ups and pull ups and whatever eventually it became a routine whenever i needed to clear my head and i was stuck in my room, i had decent abs and stuff so i was confused but when i looked down i saw my stomach all red and blistering. 

'oh, right um, would you believe my phone got to hot' i ask knowing its not gonna work.  i know how it happened i was making a fire ball when somehow it ricocheted of a tree and came back at me. 

she shakes her head and grabs my soaked shirt since it would be cold. i mean logic. and she makes me lay back so she can deal with it. 

'when did it turn into u taking care of me, i remember when we were nine and you fell over and scraped your knee. you held onto me and cried for a while while i kept telling you not to move so i could get the gravel out of your cut' i laugh at the memory 

'we were nine and that shit hurt' she tells me and i laugh. 'and it started when you would come back with cuts over you or dark bruises on your face' 

'right' i laugh and punch her arm, she slaps mine and rips my shirt in half to make a bandage. 'rude that was my only shirt' she laughs at me and i sit up so she can finish tying it off. i mean i had already cut the sleeves off and gotten a lot of blood out of it. it was pretty warn. 

'so where did you find your cat' casey asks sitting back down. 

'in a box under the bed' i reply stroking its head 

'oh ye-what!' i laugh at her reaction just as her alarm goes off for us to wake the kids.