As if on cue, the baby monitor squeaked to life and Taehyung heard his child's cry for the very first time.

His eyes lit upon the sound, he felt a strange tightness in his chest. He blinked back the sudden moisture that burned at the back of his eyes and swallowed against the lump in his throat, forcing himself to speak.

"Your baby?" he asked, his voice remarkably level despite his churning emotions

"Yes, my son. He's now four months old and sleeps through the night, don't worry he'll not disturb you while you're here. If you need anything, I.. We live downstairs at the opposite end of the inn."

"It's no problem," Taehyung responded with a smile, "Don't hide him away on my account."

The noise through the monitor grew more demanding both of them looking at the machine.

"It sounds like you're being summoned. Don't let me hold you up."

"Thanks. Remember to ring me when you're ready for your meal. I'll bring it straight through," Jungkook said, already heading for the door.

Taehyung raised his hand in acknowledgement, watched as the young host rapidly left the room. After a while he expelled a harsh sigh, turning to face the window to stare out onto the lake, waiting in vain for the view to fill him with a sense of calm that he hadn't felt in far too long.

It had been an entire year filled with pain, loss, grief and overwhelming guilt.

He'd welcomed each emotion stoically, it was the least he could do, considering it was a stupid decision on his part that had taken Yoona's life.

He'd vowed to never enter into another relationship with anyone, even had a vasectomy to ensure that he couldn't screw up another person's life again.

Up until today, that hadn't been a problem.

There's something about his host that pinged every single one of his receptors, knowing that Jeon Jungkook had that effect on him, angered and scared him in equal quotients.

Not even with his departed beautiful wife had attraction been so raw, so intense, so instant

It felt very, very wrong, especially since he was only here to do something Jungkook would probably consider unforgivable.

He'd come to find a way to claim Jungkook's son.

~~~

Jungkook ran to the stairs, trying to escape not just the guest but the whole situation, taking himself down to his living quarters.

Wow, the man was intense.

Not to mention a whole lot younger and very, very attractive than he'd initially expected as his first guest since reopening.

Jungkook unconsciously wiped his hands against his jeans, trying to remove the tingle that started through a simple handshake and now it's trying to spread through his whole body every time he'd look at him.

He went down the stairs, heading straight toward Haru's nursery and the little grubby hands that waved for his attention. Scooping his son up against a shoulder he began to sway and make the soothing sounds and tried not to wince as his strong fists clawed in his hair.

"Hey, little bunny," he crooned, "Did you have a nice nappie? Have I told you that a visitor arrived? Is that why you woke up early? Are you afraid you're missing out on something? Hmm?"

Jungkook carried Haru through, placing him on the changing table, changing the diaper with a dexterity he'd once doubted he'd ever manage and kept up a running commentary on the events prior.