S: Annika, please leave me alone right now

A: Where's your first aid box?

She got up and checked his drawers. Then she cleaned his hands. A tiny piece of glass was lodged inside his skin. She pulled it out with a pair of tweezers and bandaged everything.

A: Shivaay, the way you beat up that man, it's not right. It looked personal.

S: Love and marriage are so twisted. You devote your life to someone and what do you get in return? Pain, disrespect. His paranoia and stupidity cost her her life. What was her fault? That she loved him so much? That she devoted her life to him and his son? And in return he threw her out, he didn't trust her. That's why I don't believe in marriages or love, it's all fake, a big fat lie

A(in her mind): Why did this incident hurt Shivaay so much? I don't think he's talking about that worker. Did he hurt someone? Did someone close to him get hurt in a similar situation?

She wiped his tears and took the glass from his hands

A: Shivaay, look at me

She turned him to face her

A: I won't pry, you don't have to tell me anything unless you want to. But you can't go on like this. You can't hurt yourself because of this.

S: Why are you here?

A: I came to check up on you.

S: You didn't have to

A: You're my friend Shivaay, and I'm not going to leave you alone in such a state

S: I'm fine Annika, you can go

A: I'll go when I believe you're fine.

S: You don't have to stay here. This pain and anger are not new to me.

He sounded vulnerable and broken. His eyes filled with unshed tears.

A: Have you eaten anything all day?

He looked at her, wondering what she was trying to do. For the first time, he felt like he could show someone how much pain he was really in. All these years, he hid the extent of his pain from his brothers and grandmother. But for some unknown reason, he felt safe with her, like he didn't need to put on his mask.

A: Come on let's get you some fresh air

She supported his weight and took him to the poolside. His room had a glass wall and you could see the pool from there, so she figured he must really like it.

He settled on a couch nearby and Annika offered him some water.

S: Thank you for being here Annika, it means a lot to me. But it's getting late, you should go home.

A: I'll be here as long as you want me to stay.

S: Please go home Annika, I'll be fine.

She got up but before leaving, she hugged him.

A: Take care Shivaay and if you ever feel like talking about it, I'm only one call away.

She went downstairs and looked for some staff

A: Bhaiyya, can you please get Shivaay's room cleaned? Be careful, there's a lot of glass on the floor. And can you show me the kitchen?

KK took her to the kitchen and introduced her to another staff member.

A: Is the dinner ready?

Tarun: No ma'am, sir makes dinner himself. He hasn't given us any instructions yet.

A(in her mind): Shivaay likes Italian, maybe I can make some pasta for him. He has been drinking all day, he needs to eat.

She instructed Tarun and with his assistance, she made some pasta.

Ru: O, do you smell that? Oregano! I think bhaiyya is making italian. I'm so hungry

Om: let's go help him

They stopped in their tracks when they saw Annika. She was plating the pasta.

Om: Annika!

A: Hi Om, Rudra

Ru: Didi, you're cooking here? Where's bhaiyya? Did we disturb you guys? (he asked giddily)

Om smacked Rudra on his head.

Om: Shut up Rudy. Where's Shivaay?

A: He's by the pool but there's something you need to know

She asked Tarun to excuse them and told OmRu everything that happened at the construction site and the condition she found Shivaay in.

Ru: I'm going to see bhaiyya

Om: Thank you so much Annika

A: Please, he's my friend, I'm happy to be here for him. I've made some dinner for you guys, please make sure Shivaay eats.

Om hugged her and went to talk to Shivaay.

Ru: Bhaiyya, how are you feeling now? Why didn't you call us?

S: I'm fine Rudra

Om: No, you're not. We know you're in pain Shivaay, you put on a mask in front of everyone. You're our brother, we love you, you don't have to act in front of us.

S: I'm fine Om, I don't want to talk about it.

Ru: Come bhaiyya, let's have dinner

The brothers settled together at the dining table, Om served them the pasta

S: This is good, did you guys make this?

Ru: No bhaiyya, Annika didi made this for you

The fork fell out of Shivaay's hand into the plate

S: I asked her repeatedly to go home, this girl never listens

Om: Shivaay, she cares about you and I'm glad you weren't alone

Later when Shivaay returned to his room, he found it absolutely clean, like nothing had happened, except for his missing mirror.

Hey guys I hope you like this chapter

Please vote and share your views in the comments

Tu muskuraye har jagahजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें