"Ian do that shit, I didn't even set nothing up, i'm finna call Landon and Makai over just in case." He said.

"Makai went over Landon's house last night it couldn't be them. His babymomma can vouch." I said.

"Im still finna call them over cause nine times outta ten his pops gone call me tryna start some. Ain't no telling what they thinking or what they finna do." He sighed.

"We'll do we need to stay here?" My mom asked.

"Nah, go ahead catch up wit' yo sister just keep sharing y'all location." He said and I was finna walk out the door.

"Demetrius." My mom said giving him a look.

"I know." He said and she sighed before following me out the house.

"We can go in my car." She said and I walked on the passenger's side getting in.

"You okay?" She asked me as she drove.

"Yeah i'm just, I don't know it's like a relief." I said. "Anyways are you excited to see your sister?" I asked.

"Scared more than excited." she chuckled. "How is she?" She asked.

"Good, she's really good at her job as a therapist." I said.

"That was her dream job since we were kids, im glad she's doing what she loves." She said.

"By the way she helped me I can believe it." I said and she went quiet.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to- No it's okay I just can't help but to feel guilty sometimes." She cut me off.

"It's not your fault and we both know that. Eva is long gone and you're back so we should just worry about the present and the future. We can't move on if we're stuck in the past." I said.

"After we talk to Darcy, no more talking about this." She said.

"Right we got other stuff to talk about, You and daddy getting married, me and makai finna get a house together, Landon's gonna have a baby." I trailed.

"Plus Eva's dead, Darius is dead, life is great right now." I shrugged.

❏❏❏

"Her office room is right here." I knocked on the door feeling uneasy and lightheaded.

"I'm scared." My mom mumbled.

"Hey Kaelyn-." She cut herself off. She looked like she seen a ghost.

"Surpriseee." I said awkwardly as her eyes filled with tears.

"Kaelyn how did you-She's my daughter." My mom cut her off.

"I don't know if you want me to hug you." My mom laughed a little with tears in her eyes as well and Darcy brought her into a tight hug.

"This is a lot." She let go. "Come sit down." She said and walked in to sit down.

"I can't believe it, where the hell have you been me and dad thought you ran off again. We tried contacting you but it didn't work, I didn't have all the information to call your boyfriend, and your mom never returned no calls and neither did madison and they moved i've been stuck for years." She rambled.

"I dont know if I wanna fight you or hug you, but I know it's a reason behind it so i'm not going to assume." She chuckled and we laughed. "This is unbelievable, and whole time you're my niece and my slow self aint put the pieces together." She said.

"Surprise again." I said.

"Well I have a lot of explaining to do." My mom laughed a little wiping a tear.

After a while she explained everything the same way she explained to me when we had a sit down with my father.

"I don't know what to say, I wish you would've told me something so I could've kept Kaelyn." She sighed.

"I told my mom to tell you about the box thing, I had to throw away my phone so I wouldn't get tracked and you were in another state." She said.

"Yeah remember the box I told you about with the videos and pictures." I said.

"Yeah I remember. So have you spoke to your mom since you came back?" She asked.

"No, I don't want to. Things would've been so different if she would've just did what I said." She said.

"But you really have already helped me more than anything with being Kaelyn's therapist. So, thank you for being there for her when I couldn't." She said  and a tear slipped out of Darcy's eyes.

"You don't have to thank me." She smiled. She's really my niece and you're really here." She mumbled grabbing a tissue. "I just need to process all of this sorry." She sniffed going to her closet in the office to get another tissue box. When she opened it, there was a mirror on the inside of the door filled with sticky notes like I've been doing and like my mom used to.

"We really are related." I said.

"And it's crazy because you reminded me of her so much but this never came to mind." She closed the closet door.

"As a therapist I feel like I should've been smart enough to put two and two together but I guess i'm so used to my job I look passed the relatable details and now I need a therapy session my damn self." She said and all of us laughed.

"So how's dad?" My mom asked.

"He's still a workaholic, he had a liver transplant not too long ago." She said.

"You think I can meet him?" I asked.

"He would love to see you both. He moved back down here when he got sick so just let me know when you're both free and we both can see him." She said.

"I'm gonna go get some water." I said standing up.

"You okay?" My mom asked.

"Just a little dizzy." I said.

"Well you stay right here, I'll go get it for you." Darcy said.

"Did you eat anything today?" My mom asked.

"No because I been feeling like this all morning." I said.

"You pregnant?" She asked." She asked.

"What? No, my stomach would've been growing by now and it only takes one time and it's been months since we first...you know." I said.

"You should take a test to be sure." She said.

"I got my period yesterday." I added.

"Oh well maybe you're just dehydrated." She said and Darcy came back with the water.

"Thank you." I said.

"No problem." She said and my mom's phone rang.

"We have to go, but here's my number so we can stay in touch and talk." My mom said writing it on a sticky note.

"Definitely not losing this." Darcy chuckled giving us a hug.
___________________________________

It's been a while since I updated this

I love the fact that I put a little bit of myself in my main female characters so they can relate to me.