pt.2

I head up to the room and see Kyo sitting on the bed. Mommy! Kyo yells as he jumps out the bed and runs to me giving me a hug. I hugged him back. Were you a good boy for daddy? I ask yes and he was being mean to me he says. Why what happened? I say he came home throwing stuff and he was yelling at me and he said that would throw me in the garbage, Kyo explains. I know he didn't, I say and pick up Kyo and walk down stairs and go toward lathan. Lathan Moses Echols! I yell as he stands up. Aight man i gotta go she called me by my full government name he says and hung up on whoever he was talking to. What he says. Did you tell Kyo that you would throw him away in the garbage? I ask lathan. Naw i aint say dat he says then why did kyo say you did my son don't lie now keep messing with me and throw you in the garbage i say getting loud lathan slaps me across the face i set kyo down. Go in your room and don't come out until I get you ok baby? I say softly to kyo as a tear drops off my face. He wipes his hand across my cheek and says "don't cry mommy" i won't now go to your room and make sure nothing happens to Yia ok? i say. Ok he says then he wobble runs to his room and closes the door. I turn around and look lathan in the eyes. LOOK ME IN MY EYES AND TELL ME YOU DID NOT JUST HIT ME! I yell. He looks me dead in the eyes. I JUST DID AND YOU CAN'T GET MAD BECAUSE YOU KNOW YOU DESERVED IT! He yells back. I push him away. JUST GET OUT, GET OUT MY HOUSE! I yell as tears pour down my face. He pushes me back and I fall over and hit my head. I turn on my stomach and try to get up. Once I get up I go to Kyo's room and knock on the door. Mommy? I hear a scared little voice on the other side of the door. Ne kyo eommaya mun jom yeol-eojullae? I say. al-ass-eo eomma he says and opens the door, i close it and lock the door. Lathan starts banging on the door telling me to open the door. I grab a bag out of the closet and start putting clothes in the bag for Kyo and Yia. Where are we going? He asked. We're leaving. I say why is daddy mad? He asks and makes a pout face about to start crying. No daddy just needs a break to calm down i say. Once I get Kyo and Yia's bags I set them out the window. Go out the window Kyo i say. He goes to the window and I grab Yia and step out the window where Kyo is waiting for me. I close the window and tell Kyo to hold Yia as we walk. I carry the bags. I grab my car keys and walk to the front of the house. I unlock the car door and put Kyo and Yia in their car seats with the bags on the floor. Lathen comes out of the house when I close the door. Where do you think you're taking our kids?! He yells to my mom's house we'll come back when you've calmed down, I say. about to get in the car but Lathen grabs my arm really tight. Lathen let go of me you're hurting me I say. He pushes me against the car. if they are not back here by tomorrow i'm pressing charges against you he says. Whatever let me go I say. He lets me go and I get in the car. I drove to my best friend's house. She opens the door for me and I walk in. I can't do this any more, I tell her. Do what? What happened? She asked. He put his hands on me, I said as I started crying. Uh-Uh this ain't about to be happening he can't be putting his hands on you ,where did he hit you at? She says getting mad. He punched me in my stomach and pushed me and I hit my head on the table I say. She gets up and looks at my head and sees blood. she rushes to her phone. Hey Jayden, can you stop by for a sec. I have a problem and I need your help with it, Melanie said. I'm on my way now, Jayden says. {20 minutes later} Melanie opens the door for her brother. So what happened, Jayden asks if I need you to watch her and her kids she says. Ok but where are you going? He asks to buy something for her, she says. Looking at me. Kyo runs to me and puts his head in my chest. Mommy, I'm scared daddy was being mean again he says as he starts crying. No Ky I told you daddy just needs to calm down, he is a little upset because things didn't go the way he wanted. I say but daddy slapped you he muffles into my chest. But i'm ok i say. He cries even harder. I put my hands in his hair.