Chapter Twenty Three: Battling Thoughts

Start from the beginning

                A small amount of stubble was forming on the line of his jaw giving him that sexy edgy look that I liked so much. His dark full lashes rested on his cheeks, I had always envied him for his lashes they were beautiful and long, everything a girl wanted in eyelashes. His soft plump pink lips called out to me and I smiled as I slowly leaned in and gave him a small peck on the lips. The ache in my chest from the dream I had lessened as I kissed him but as soon as I pulled away the ache came back.

                Ethan suddenly smiled and stirred a bit, his eyes fluttering open. His brown eyes bore into mine and his smile grew and his grip around my waist tightened. “That’s a good way to wake up in the morning,” he mumbled.

                Even though not even ten minutes ago I had woken up from a heartbreaking dream I somehow managed to smile back at Ethan. I leaned down and pecked his lips again before pulling away and resting my forehead on his. “We have class in an hour,” I told him.

                Ethan heavily sighed and lightly pushed me on back, his face immediately going into the crook of my neck. “Let’s not go.” He whispered against my kiss between kisses.

                I laughed and rolled my eyes, “We have to go.” I reminded him. “We both have to work tonight.”

                He bit my shoulder playfully, “We can call in.”

                Once again I rolled my eyes and pushed him off of me, sitting up in bed. “I’m gonna go take a shower.”

                “Is that an invitation?” he asked teasingly.

                I laughed, “No.”

--

                I hauled a box filled with books into the back book room. Working at the university book store was starting to really old really fast. Majority of the week I spent it hauling heavy boxes into the back book room due to Jamie, the annoying girl I somehow always got stuck working with, complaining about how she couldn’t do it because she would break a nail.

                “Calm down,” Jason’s amused voice said from behind me.

                I quickly stood up straight and turned to see him standing with his hands stuffed in his jacket pockets, a smirk on his face, his dirty blonde hair messed up like usual. “What’s up?” I asked.

                Jason smiled and nodded towards the annoying girl who went by Jaime. “She’s hot.” He simply stated.

                I rolled my eyes, “And has the IQ of a peanut,” I retorted then snorted out a laugh. “She’s perfect for you!”

                Jason narrowed his eyes but decided to ignore my comment, “So where’s Ethan?” he asked.

                This time I narrowed my eyes, “At work?”

                “He works tonight?” he asked cocking his head to the side.

                “He’s always worked Monday nights,” I told him. “Have you not really noticed that?” I asked Jason.

                He shrugged and then looked over towards Jaime, “So what’s up with her?” he asked changing the subject.

                I looked over at Jaime who was flipping through a magazine, her long legs crossed, her bright pink wedges clear in sight. “I don’t know. Her name is Jaime, she’s nineteen and she loves the color pink.” I told him giving him what I knew about her.