Disappearance and worry

Morning came way too soon as I looked up at the ceiling from where I ended up laying on my bed. Blinking and turned my head, I realized I must've fallen asleep crying because I was still fully dressed in my dark red hoodie, gray t-shirt, and black jeans I'd worn home from practice yesterday. Sitting up slowly, I realized I'd left my window open and was suddenly grateful I'd fallen asleep in my hoodie and jeans. Getting up, I went over to the window and closed it, glancing at Haydens' window as I did. Seeing no sign of Hayden or Amy, I stepped back and closed my curtains before turning to look at the clock on my desk which read 11:45 am in its red neon light. Realizing I had just enough time to shower and change before I had to make my way across the park I quickly gathered my clean clothes consisting of a new pair of black jeans and a band t-shirt I'd gotten at a festival Hayden and I had gone to a few years ago, and headed to the bathroom to shower. Feeling clean and refreshed after my hot shower, I quickly dressed. Before leaving the bathroom, I grabbed a clean towel and wash cloth and headed back to my room to finish getting ready.

As I entered my room, I grabbed my gym bag from the floor and removed the wet and dirty clothes placing them in the hamper. I then placed the clean towel and wash cloth inside the gym bag and gathered up clean workout gear preparing my bag for practice later. Setting it aside, I went over to my dresser and removed a clean pair of socks then moved back to the bed to lace on my combat boots. With that finished I stood and walked back over to the top of my dressed to brush my hair back into its usual half ponytail. With that done I was ready to head out on my date grabbing my phone, wallet, and house keys from the desk as I passed. Putting them in my pockets as I walked, I quickly made my way to the front door and made my escape locking the door behind me. As I made it to my front gate, I noticed Amy standing just inside the gate to her house.

"Hey what's wrong?" I said as I got closer to her seeing her worried expression.

"Hayden, left without saying a word and he didn't take his phone. I'm really worried Cam" she said almost panicking.

"I have a little time. I'll see if I can find him. Give me his phone in case I do so I can give it to him and have him call you" I said calmly but starting to feel a bit anxious as I wondered why Hayden would've run off like that. Handing me Hayden' phone, Amy said "please find him Cam."

"I'll do my best, Amy. I'll call you if I come up with anything" I said putting it in my pocket and headed towards the park. Pulling out my phone as I walked, I called Jonathan.

"Hey, where are you?" Jonathan said as he picked up the phone.

"I just entered the park, Amy was waiting for me as I left. Apparently, Hayden left without a word and didn't take his phone. She's terrified and asked me to help look for him. Would it be okay if we post pone our date for now until we know he's safe?" I asked as I kept moving.

"Yeah, we can do that. I'd rather know he was safe too and I know you wouldn't be able to focus on us if we didn't. Any ideas where he'd be?" Jonathan asked.

"I have a few. He could've gone to the pancake shop just down the street, the Do Jo to hit something, the school pool to do some laps, or the school roof since that's where we've been going since the beginning of freshman year to relax" I said starting to worry.

"Okay how about we split up? I'll go to the pancake shop and you take the Do Jo then we'll head to the school together" Jonathan said as he came into view through the trees.

"Yeah, okay. Let's go find him" I said as I took the last steps out of the park. Turning, Jonathan took up a position on my left as we made our way into the shopping district. As we neared the pancake shop I said, "if he's there, he'll be at a booth in the back left corner."