It's so fucking good, how can it be?

My body reacted right away. The memory of how even more wonderful the taste of his mouth got me automatically leaning in and sucking on his full bottom lip, a lust-filled murmur escaping my mouth as my eyes fluttered shut.

I could feel him smiling against my lips.

"So easily distracted."

He pulled me away by the fistful of hair he still held, just enough to get me to look at him again.

"I have missed you" he said kindly, his voice so soft I almost didn't hear him.

I need to get a hold of myself, I still need to find Luke.

"Alec" I closed my eyes again to try to concentrate on what I needed to say, "I need to find Luke."

"Lost your pet, did you?" He teased me. "Leave him be, I will be taking you with me anyway. He can't come."

I shook my head nervously.

"I can't go with you, I already told you. And I can't just leave him, he could be in danger."

Alec let go of my hair and put his hand around my neck without applying any pressure. Though he was just letting it rest there I felt my heartbeat picking up at the gesture.

He looked at me in the strangest of ways. I couldn't say what he was thinking if my life depended on it and in that moment it probably did.

"You told him," he accused, his eyes glinting dangerously, "didn't you?"

"No." I lied without hesitation. He smiled broadly.

"Liar."

God, he looked so ferociously beautiful. It was so difficult to react logically to him being so close to his face, taken by his scent. Though the real colour of his eyes startled me when I first saw it from up close I grew used to it and he just looked even better with it. It made him look otherworldly and absolutely captivating just as much as terrifying. He looked like a fallen angel.

"He won't tell anyone" I promised, desperate to save him, "he didn't even believe me."

"Oh, love" he sighed with false pity, "I'm afraid I can't take your word for it. We have a very strict law and I must uphold it. It's my duty."

I felt on the verge of tears again. I thought about what that meant for both Natalia and Luke, and for anyone else if Natalia broke her vow of secrecy to me. I began to panic as I imagined what he would do to ensure absolutely no-one knew about it. Then I finally worried about what that meant for me.

"Did you come back to kill me?"

He found that terribly funny. He laughed loudly and it echoed through the dark street, lingering hauntingly in the air even after he stopped. He took my face in his hands, his thumbs softly drying my wet cheeks in soothing motions.

"No, Marina. Nobody is going to kill you" he assured me.

"Then what do you want?"

"Right now I really want to taste you."

That did it for me. I snapped out of my haze like I had been kicked violently and pushed him away with all the strength I could muster. He wouldn't move at all, it was like I wasn't even trying.

"No, don't do it. Let me go, get off of me."

It was like pushing away a wall. He clicked his tongue impatiently and grabbed both of my wrists with a single hand. He then shoved me against a wall so quickly that I didn't even see him moving. I blinked and suddenly felt my back hitting the bricks. He kept me in place pressing me with his own body and I began to ache all over, new bruises joining the old unhealed ones I still had.