The Fourteenth Song

"So all Mostri are Cristaviven?" asked Tess as she stroked Giustizia's solid fur.

No. All Cristaviven can become Mostri but not all Mostri are Cristaviven. I understand that it is confusing, especially now with the world's end approaching. Giustizia growled softly, relaxing onto her side, accepting a rub across along her ribs from Tess.

Crispino shook his head. "How many Musicisti have tromba-like instruments, Gwennie?"

Guinevere thought for a moment. "I believe there is a Trombone somewhere around Francia. Oh and the Corno francese in Svezia."

"And the Captino has a Tromba," added Tess.

Crispino narrowed his eyes. "The Captino does not have a Tromba. He has a Clarinetto. That is the only Strumenti I have seen him in possession of." Guinevere agreed with his statement.

"But during our initiation," rebuked Tyler. "We clearly saw him with a silver Tromba."

Crispino turned to the tallest tower of the Societa de Ussicore and frowned. "I believe there are some things we are not being informed of."

And Tess still has not told you of the thing lurking beneath the montagna and the Societa, added Giustizia, licking her paw.

"Ah yeah." Tess gave a strained smile. "There is something beneath the Societa. Something huge. Bigger than we have ever seen. And it had the same feeling in the montagna. I truly believe that the Societa de Ussicore is hiding something beneath its foundations. Something that is awakening" Tess shivered.

Sperare growled. How dare he tame Dea and split her. That monster! I will tear him between my own jaw.

Peace, Sperare! We must not anger ourselves anymore lest we lose ourselves! Liberta ruffled her feathers, sitting quietly on Tyler's shoulder.

"Who is this Dea?" asked Crispino.

The three Cristaviven exchanged glances. We are forbidden to speak of Dea without her permission and all we can say is that she is mighty and powerful.

Crispino dropped the subject knowing he wouldn't get any further information from the Cristaviveni. They could all tell that the mention of Dea was met with caution.

"But..." interrupted Tess. "We still need to find out about the Captino and why he has been seen with multiple Strumenti."

"Si." agreed Tyler. "He has been sketchy to begin with."

Guinevere shook her head. "Ora ora, let's not jump to conclusions. Many can play many instruments themselves. We can't put aside that maybe he performed with a Clarinetto when he was younger."

That is quite possible Guinevere, however we can also not put it past him that he may be the source of the corruption. I understand that you hold the man in high esteem but we must be cautious. You know not who is trustworthy. Sperare turned her back to them, facing the ocean. She paced along the sand, her tail thrashing against her sides. She finally sat down, growling at the ground.

Tyler stood up and walked over to Sperare, kneeling down beside her. Tess watched curiously as did everyone else, silently watching the two.

"I can feel your pain, Sperare. You knew my parents deeper than I ever have. You at least know what they look like. I don't even have a painting or drawing of them to look at.

"You love them immensely but you are hurting more than you can carry. I understand. I, too, miss them. I even still cry for them when I think about what could be. I can't remove the pain, but I can share your burden with you, but only if you allow me." Tyler held his hand out to Sperare.