Part 3: Bathrooms and storytime

Others Who Don't Understand: Men's bathroom women's bathroom. It's an easy choice 

Me: Sweating like crazy

Oh Marie, you understand

Okay,  This is my first storytime of this book so I need to do it right. 

Once upon a time, when I was a wee little PCHsecret, I was born a boy. All the doctors said, "Hey, this is clearly a boy, since he has Male body parts." Well, that made sense that they would think that. Fast forward to 7 years later, I'm a wee little Non-binary PCHsecret. I was in first grade at the time and I loved it. Even though the teachers often got my pronouns wrong, I could see that they were trying. I had those supportive friends, who got my pronouns wrong, but not as commonly. I'm looking at P, R, B, A, and second P in the back! Yeah, you. Anyway, First Grade was going well. I even had a schedule for which bathroom I use on which days: Sundays are optional, Mondays are boy's bathroom, Tuesday is girl's, Wedsday is boy's, Thursday is girl's, Friday = boy's, and Saturday is... Girl's!! 

      As a wee little PCHsecret, I was drawn to more "feminine" clothes. Skirts, pink, dresses, you get the idea. On the days when I was using the boy's bathroom, I was told things like: 

"Hey, the girl's bathroom is that way." or 

"Hi, do you want me to show you where the girl's bathroom is?" and

"Hey! Get out!" but I wasn't bruised by any of them. Haters gonna hate. 

Okay, this is one of my favorites: 

They say something like "This is the boy's bathroom."

And I would tell them that this is the right bathroom for me, and they said: "Huh? Are you a tomboy or something?" What's a tomboy, you ask? 

Good ol' dictionary. Anyway, I still get misgendering even now and things like I was told in first grade, just less. If you're having trouble with this, ignore them, or politely correct them. But, anyway, I thought they were calling me Tom or something, so I was very confused. 

Thanks for reading!