04 : work for perk

Start from the beginning

"Wait, seriously?"

I roll my eyes, "Come on, I am not that useless. I can do my part of the share if I feel like it and I felt bad for you doing all the work."

"You just want to drag me in your yesterday's deal, don't you?" So, we are cutting to the chase.

"Yeah, so we are riding my bike since you clearly do not own one. Not even a bicycle for some reason."

"You own a bike?"

"Yeah, how do you think I impress people, huh?"

"You know how to ride a bike?"

"Oh, fuck off, Kamil. And follow me."

"I think it will be better if I ride."

"Bike is mine, and only I can ride my darling. He likes it rough. You can sit and hold my waist, I won't judge." Kamil scowled but I am pretty sure he did it with affection.

"Where are we going?"

"Not to kill you, chill. I still need you to do most of the project."

"THIS IS YOUR IDEA OF FUN?"

"Yup, very much."

"I cannot believe that you can be so basic, Avery."

My mind reeled back from being proud as fuck to being confused, "Excuse me?"

Kamil leans a little over the cliff with his hands around his waist, he lets out a low laugh. I do not want to know if that humorous gesture is about me or about this little creek. I grumble my next words, "Don't you dare laugh at this stream."

It might not be the first time Kamil is laughing at me, "What do you do here, huh? Be a cottage core boy, play the lust for life album and click pictures here?"

I gasp, "You went through my Instagram?"

"We follow each other from freshman year, Avery. And—" He crunches up his face, "—money is the reason, we exist! Everyone knows it's a fact. Kiss, kiss."

My cheeks turn hot, "You know what? I hope you drown in this water. And who are you to speak? Your entire stories are filled with anime this an anime that." And this is ridiculous for the fact that I cannot make fun of anime because regardless of the hype, it is good. I admire the art and plotline, plus the action scenes are simply chef's kiss. Maybe after, the anime is outdated, I will roast his brains out.

"This is so ridiculous. If I wanted to jump in the water, I might just go into my backyard. Don't you have a pool too in your house?"

"I do." But no one takes care of it, so it is drained out of the water and a waste of space. "But swimming in a real river—"

"Stream."

"—is way more fun. The noise of the little insects—"

"That's just gross."

"—the sound of the stream—"

"I have Alexa at my house. She is amazing."

"—the entire aesthetic is so pleasing! And we can also play a game which I have invented here, thank you."

"You know that I can literally just leave because this is the most mediocre thing I have ever seen in my life."

"You know that I am your literal ride and you cannot leave without me dropping you off—"

"I will walk home."

"—and if you keep forgetting then somebody made a deal that if somebody does their part of the project, somebody will get to show that certain somebody their type of fun."