"Incase you haven't noticed for the first time in 21 years my love life is perfect so we can give our full attention to yours." Lando said with a satisfied smile on his face.

"He's not gonna let this go, you know." Jon told the Birmingham born boy.

"Oh I know." Max nodded in reply as he stood up.

"Where are you going?" Lando called out as Max opened the door.

"Away from you." Max replied as he was walking out the door.

"To see Millie." Lando shouted after him.

"Shut up." Max told him before slamming the door behind him.

"He has to tell her eventually." Lando said to his performance couch as he shrugged his shoulders.

—————

Monza was one of the three sprint weekends in the formula one calendar meaning that even after qualifying was done the drivers still had a chance to improve their results in the sprint

Lando and Daniel had qualified P4 and P5 Friday afternoon before going out Saturday with Daniel improving to P3 and Lando staying in P4. Bottas was starting on pole with Max for company but it was the Dutchman who would be starting from pole after Bottas' engine penalty.

Lewis managed to claw back a P5 after starting the session in P2 and falling back to sixth by the time he reached Curva Grande.

Now it was time for the race and both Lando and Daniel had an opportunity to score so really good points and even the chance of a potential podium for one or both of them.

Millie was stood towards the back of the McLaren garage with Max both of them wearing papaya coloured headphones to watch the race.

Max started cleanly from pole but Daniel's start was better as the Aussie managed to be leading the Grand Prix by the first chicane.

—————

For McLaren, things got better but for Max and Lewis things escalated quickly. The two championship contenders were knocked out of the race on lap 24.

As the pair headed into the first chicane, Verstappen and Hamilton were side by side. With a sense of inevitability, they made contact, with Max's car launched into the air and landing on top of Lewis's Mercedes.

Daniel was now comfortably in the lead of the race with Lando in P3 just behind Charles as the race continued behind the safety car.

As the race restarted Lando managed to pick Charles for P2 who know had a flying Finn coming behind him on a hunt for podium position after his penalty.

As the final lap was reaching its closing stages it was inevitable that McLaren were going to take a historic one-two at Monza. The mechanics headed out into the pit lane to greet their cars as they crossed the line.

"Oh my god. They did it." Millie exclaimed as she watched Daniel and Lando cross the finish line.

In excitement, Millie turned around and wrapped her arms around Max's neck as he lifted her in the air as they hugged. The cheers were loud in the garage and in the pit lane as Max spun her around slightly.

"They did it." Max replied to her with a smile as he put her down on the ground.

"Come on." Millie grabbed his hand and dragged Max towards parc ferme with the rest of the McLaren team.

Max let himself be dragged along subconsciously as all he could think about was both the hug and now their connected hands as they walked down the pit lane.

This was the most physical contact they ever had that was close to romantic and although Max knew that wasn't how Millie was thinking admit all the excitement that was all he could think about.

—————