ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ: ᴛʜɪs ɪsɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴇ

Start from the beginning

I got this. I just have to face one problem at a time. And to do that I have to start from the beginning.

"Ready or not here I come mom." I whisper to myself and pull the handle of my bag and head downstairs.

••••••••••

"Anna you are not flying to San Francisco by yourself, so stop insisting." My father paces around the kitchen angrily and I follow him close behind. "Dad I need to go see mom! Why can't you understand that?"

He stops pacing and faces me with fumes radiating out of his body. "Annaleah you never even call your mom's cellphone, why in the world do you want to go to San Francisco out of nowhere?" He asks trying his hardest to understand.

"Dad I know you've noticed that i've been a bit off lately, I know you know that i've been skipping school for three days now," I admit while staring down at my feet. "Sometimes a girl just needs their mom.. And I know mom and I aren't as close as we used to be but she's still my mom and I need her dad." I plead with tears in my eyes and my dad sighs pulling my body into his hugging me as tight as possible.

"I want to let you go Anna, I do but I can't just pack some clothes and go with you. My work doesn't allow for me to have day off's unless it's an emergency." My dad pulls me away and brushes his hair with his fingers anxiously.

I smile up at him and wipe the few tears in my cheeks. "Don't worry dad I already have someone to accompany me," I smile up at him reassuringly.

I really hope this works.

••••••••••

"No." He deadpans without even taking the question into consideration.

"But you didn't even-"

"No."

"But if you could please-"

"No. Now stop insisting." He begins to stand up from the dining table and I groan. "Blake please, you're the only one in our friend group who won't ask questions about this, I wouldn't be asking you if I had someone else to ask but I don't. There's only you, so please Blake." I plead and bat my eyelashes at him. He stares at me deeply holding in his breath and his jaw clenched.

"No." He deadpans with no emotion and leaves the dining table slamming the front door in the process. I place my head in my palms and sigh.

I mean I can't be completely disappointed I honestly didn't have high hopes for this.

After a few minutes the front door flies open with a pissed off Blake holding a black duffel bag. I change my stare between him and the duffel bag staring at both with confusing. I point at the bag with my index finger and let out a giggle. "Do you always have a duffel bag in your car?" I ask and he rolls his eyes at me. "Put your shit in my car before I change my mind." He says in a serious tone and my eyes widen with hope. I stand from the table and race towards him hugging him happily.

"Thank you." I continue to hug him thankfully.

"Annaleah, if you continue to hold me in your embrace I will change my mind and leave." He tells me pushing my body away from him, I clear my throat and head to my living room fetching my suitcase and plane tickets.

"Right sorry, i'm ready." I smile happily at him handing him the plane ticket. He hesitantly takes it and places it in his duffle bag.

I say my goodbye to dad and head over to Blake's car placing my stuff in the back. I turn around and notice my dad shaking Blake's arm in gratitude for accompanying me to San Francisco. I smile at the both at them when I begin to feel the flutters in my stomach. I quickly shake my head distracting me from the weird thoughts when Blake heads towards me.

"You ready?" He asks and I nod. He nods as well and opens the passengers door for me to enter I flash him a quick smile, which of course he doesn't return, and sit on the leather seats. A few seconds after Blake settles into his seat, starts the car and drives us quickly to the airport.

I honestly had no hope that this random San Francisco trip would happen let alone that Blake would accompany me yet here I am, in a car with Blake, headed towards the airport, to go to San Francisco to meet up with my mom.

What the fuck am I doing?

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Authors Note:

✔︎ Keeping it short and simple with this chapter because from here on this will become one hell of a roller coaster so please put on your seatbelts and keep your hands inside the ride at all times.

✔︎ What will happen in San Francisco now that these two are alone? What will happen when Annaleah see's what her mother is truly up to? What will happen when Blake meets up with someone from his past? And what will happen with these two when they return from this trip? Hehehe stay tuned and you'll find out. 😼

That is all for now my gorgeous gremlins. See you all in the next chapter. <33

Q: What are your theories on what will happen in San Francisco? 😼

A: I can't say cause i'm the author and Ik exactly what's about to happen. Hehe.