Ch. 8 - Amber Eyes

Two Years Later...

"As we come closer to the end of our tour, Noble Prophet, I'd like to invite you aboard my ship as you grant Sierra her initiation Trial, for she to prove her valor and allegiance to our Covenant."

Sierra stood beside Torok as she tried to remain calm during the Holo-call on the bridge of Torok's ship.

"Hmm... You intrigue me, in your offer. But what of you, girl? Have you anything to say?" The Prophet of Truth questioned her.

Sierra swallowed hard, but stepped forward with her reply.

"It would be a true honor and privilege for you to grant your presence during the Trial of your choosing, Noble Prophet." Sierra gave a respectful dip of her head as she spoke to him.

Truth was silent for what felt like an eternity for Sierra but finally hummed.

"We shall see..."

The call ended, leaving Sierra to finally breathe, bending over with her hands on her legs, sighing out heavily as her nerves had finally subsided.

Torok came over with a hand to her shoulder and a soft shake, chuckling at her.

"You did well, Sierra. You can breathe, now." He said assuringly.

"Thanks, Father." She said standing straight again with a breath.

"We have some time before Truth may decide to come aboard. You should prepare for whatever task he'll provide." Torok said, walking with her off the bridge.

"Considering our trial will be an easy one." A small gold, blue visored Sangheili based A.I appeared just to Sierra's right.

The A.I was known as Zician, obtained from a raid on ONI transport for Sierra's armor project.

Her act of putting him into service made them inseparable, even being a UNSC made A.I., his loyalty lies with her, and the armor he was designed to run.

"Zician's right. There's no telling what he's going to put me through." Sierra agreed with her companion, his helmet fragmenting away as he removed it.

"One helluva birthday, that's for sure. Always something, up here."

Torok laughed at her.

"I'm sure you'll be just fine. You've come very far in these two short years. I have the utmost faith in you." Torok said as he stopped, putting his hand on her cheek, caressing her with his thumb as he beamed brightly at her.

Sierra smiled back at him, more assurance in her features as she put her hand over his.

"I'll make you proud of me, Father. You have my word." She said softly.

"You already have, my Cheensay. *Word for Warrior in Sangheili" He praised her.

"Now, I believe that Ryke is handling the final preparations to your armor. I need to grab something from my quarters. I've had something brought here, for you." He said as he trailed off.

"You had something made?! Why?" Sierra exclaimed from behind.

"Because my sixteen-year-old daughter should have something to bear with pride and distinction on her turning of age."

Torok kept his pace, but Sierra had turned to see Ryke in the Armory, other men greeting her on her way there.

"Watch it, Noble Blood!" She heard an all too familiar voice spat, glancing over to see Zuka 'Zanamee bowing up to another male of his age if not older in a gold set of armor.