Ch. 5 - Stalemate

Ten Days Later...

"Gah..! Damn, that shit burns." Sierra hissed as the medic assigned to her cleaned out the bullet hole in her leg from the day before she was re-wrapped.

"Just, try to hold still." The medic asked.

Sierra tried not to flinch as best as she could, but her discomfort was getting too much.

"Now, I know that you're supposed to be training today, so I'm going to be giving you some new wraps if they get too loose, else you'll rip open your wounds again." She said, handing them to her.

"Thanks."

"So, any more discomfort or pain?" The medic asked.

"Very little, I'll manage. If that's what you're asking." Sierra said.

'Christ, is she ever gonna let me leave? '

"Hmm... Very well. Then, my suggestion to you is to take smaller assignments until you don't feel any pain in those areas. Keep carrying the aids with you. Come back straight to me if they open. I have Bio-foam on hand if need be."

Sierra stood up and took the medic packs handed to her with a nod.

"Thank's, doc." She said.

"I mean that, Sierra. Take things as easy as you can."

She nodded and walked out of the medic bay to return to her bunks.

'Tch... Like I "can take things easy". As if.'

Roman was standing inside the bunks, his attention quickly turning to Sierra as she came into his line of sight.

"Statis?" He asked, almost eagerly.

"Green. With some restrictions." She said in a quick tone.

"That's better than nothing. Get geared up. Live rounds." Roman ordered.

"Live rounds?" Sierra's brow furrowed.

"We're walking the highwire, today."

Sierra's eyes widened slowly.

"We're dropping into an active firefight zone... Some Covies just hit one of our Intel posts."

'Oh, no...'

Sierra quickly went inside to grab her armor, stashing her packs on her torso piece, strapping her armor tightly to not disturb her wraps.

Grabbing her helmet and her DMR and hastily holstering her Magnum, she rushed out the bunks, joining Victoria and Zorren as they went up the ramp inside the Pelican.

"Today just keeps getting better, and better..." Sierra said aloud as they took their seats.

"You good to run this?" Zorren asked in a raised tone over the turbulence of the Pelican.

"We're gonna find out!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Phantoms are ready whenever you are." Ryke said quietly to Torok as he watched Valass and Veran in the training area.

"Understood. I'll be there in a moment." He replied in the same hushed tone.

Torok took a breath before he strode down to the flat ground, still watching his son train with such great force with his ally.